Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
The carbine is the one weapon they make that is worth anything.

From all first-hand reports it's a reliable if under-featured rifle that eats any kind of ammo you feed it, is +P+ rated, costs less than a car payment and has a lifetime, no-questions-asked warranty.

Plus, it's already so ugly, you could do anything you want to it, and it'd be an improvement.

If only they moved to double-stack magazines... ah, well.

Pictures.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have read good things about the Hi-Point carbines..
I have a Kel-Tec-Sub-2000 that I like a lot.

Give us a Range Report.

Lateck,

·
Registered
8,421 Posts
9mm carbine

+P rated too. a nephew has a kel-tec the manual actually recommends 'performance' ammo for. my hot handload 145gr jhp's come out of that bbl with a 'crack'. it's good out to 100yds w/iron sights.
not a thing wrong there, particular if you have a 9mm handgun

·
Isolationist Libertarian
1,421 Posts
Sherriff whofarted....

note to admin

create new status for whofarted
Only if you get the Marlin. Sorry guy don't have good feelings about your new toy. It looks like if the pistol grip gets broken the trigger won't work just like their pistols, makes them a no/go for me. Probably a lot of fun to play with. :ar15:

·
Registered
155 Posts
You should be in for a lot of fun. I have three. One of them for over 7 years now. Fun to shoot. Reliable and accurate. If it breaks you just send it in and they fix or replace it for free. Even if you are not the original owner of the carbine. Recently picked up the 4595TS version. Shoots 45 ACP. Great plinkers. On a Hi-Point forum one guy posted a picture of a deer he took with one. One shot too.

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You should be in for a lot of fun. I have three. One of them for over 7 years now. Fun to shoot. Reliable and accurate. If it breaks you just send it in and they fix or replace it for free. Even if you are not the original owner of the carbine. Recently picked up the 4595TS version. Shoots 45 ACP. Great plinkers. On a Hi-Point forum one guy posted a picture of a deer he took with one. One shot too.
im actually suprised at few people have bad things to say about them....other than they are ugly and i dont even think the TS is that ugly.

we'll see.. its my first pistol caliber weapon:).. and itll be my first bullet button too:(. but.. i guess i take the good with he bad

·
Registered
529 Posts
I admit it is ugly but then again I'm no prize myself.:eek::eek: For the money it looks like a fun plinker. I have a small range cleared out on the side of my house just for plinking. I bought a 38/357 brass Rossi 92 just for that reason. Seems like that "UGLY" little carbine just might be an option. Let us know how it works out. I am interested....................................Joe

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hey whofarted

Well I did it to. Started calling around area gun shops for the TS model. Man here in WNC they are like hens teeth. Nobody had any and they don't know when any will arrive. I found one shop that had one and we went back and forth on the price. I wound up paying what I thought was an OK price. Got it home and took it apart to clean and oil it again. Not too much slop inside. Couple pre range comments. #1 The charging handle is on the left side. Kinda different but OK. #2 The rails seem to be weaver as opposed to picatinny :wacko::wacko:. Sorta strange choice for a "tactical" carbine. I don't plan on hanging anything on it right now but it is good to know. #3 Takedown was not that bad. Not as hard as my Ruger Mark ll 22lr.. Watched a video on youtube. The manual was of little help. I went to HP web site and ordered 2 mags and a mag holder that mounts on the inside of the buttstock. As a package it is cheaper and no shipping charges :). Let you guys know how it shoots. .................................Joe

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I did it to. Started calling around area gun shops for the TS model. Man here in WNC they are like hens teeth. Nobody had any and they don't know when any will arrive. I found one shop that had one and we went back and forth on the price. I wound up paying what I thought was an OK price. Got it home and took it apart to clean and oil it again. Not too much slop inside. Couple pre range comments. #1 The charging handle is on the left side. Kinda different but OK. #2 The rails seem to be weaver as opposed to picatinny :wacko::wacko:. Sorta strange choice for a "tactical" carbine. I don't plan on hanging anything on it right now but it is good to know. #3 Takedown was not that bad. Not as hard as my Ruger Mark ll 22lr.. Watched a video on youtube. The manual was of little help. I went to HP web site and ordered 2 mags and a mag holder that mounts on the inside of the buttstock. As a package it is cheaper and no shipping charges :). Let you guys know how it shoots. .................................Joe
thanks for stealing my thunder.. i still cant get mine for another 24hrs and i dont think ill get to pick it up then due to work...:angry:;)

charging handle is on the left... didnt even cross my mind when i was checking itout in the store..

as for price.. just be glad u dont live in cali.. im pretty sure i paid double what some guys other placed pay

i saw the 2 mag holder combo pack.. tell me how you like it

·
Registered
529 Posts
I had assumed you had yours already from the pic you posted with the new stickers on the stock being held by someones sweet old grandmother. :lol: Yea things are a lot different down here in WNC as opposed to where I moved from last year. Which was Maryland. Retired now and trying to spend some of my money before the kids get it. I will keep you posted as well you do the same. Sounds like a plan to me. Later............................Joe

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hey whofarted

Not trying to hijack your thread. Just sharing what you got to look forward to. Ran 100 rds of BVAC factory reloads today sighting this HP in. After some sighting it in it seems to be OK. I need more practice getting used to these sights. My 62 yr old eyes wearing bifocals aint what they used to be :rolleyes::rolleyes:. Loading the mag into the magwell you have to be diligent by giving it a smack on the bottom for it to seat. Loading rounds into the mag were made easier because I used my Uplula for my handguns. Really neat tool to have. I played with the front sight and rear elevation probaly too much but it is getting there. The distance is about 40 yards on the target. This pic was my last 10 rds. More fine tuning to come. So far I like it. Fun plinker. One thing that is real different. If it is on safe you cannot charge the bolt after placing a loaded mag. Like I said it is different. I had fun and I know you will to.

Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
35,792 Posts
ugly?!?

not only is it a damn sexy rifle.. but so are the models they use to pimp it make me drool!!
All that and good trigger discipline too!

And the day-glo whatever-they-are are an, uh, interesting touch. Make it easier to find and grab when something goes bump in the night? :lol:

If only those things took Glock mags ...

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok.. so.. i got it.. now that that darn joe horner guy has totally stolen my glory i got nothing.... i cant even be the one to say.."hey the charging handle is on the left" pfft... thanks bub... :rolleyes:

all im left with is to report on the crappiness of a bullet button on a weapon that doesnt have a bullet that will work the button... Atleast with an AR you can use the .223 tip... try shoven a 9 in a bullet butten:angry:

·
Registered
529 Posts
ok.. so.. i got it.. now that that darn joe horner guy has totally stolen my glory i got nothing.... i cant even be the one to say.."hey the charging handle is on the left" pfft... thanks bub... :rolleyes:

all im left with is to report on the crappiness of a bullet button on a weapon that doesnt have a bullet that will work the button... Atleast with an AR you can use the .223 tip... try shoven a 9 in a bullet butten:angry:
Sorry for the thunder theft.:ph34r: I just assumed that nice old lady posed with your new carbine. And we all know what assume spells :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

So far I have enjoyed mine and I hope you do the same. I saw where the folding grip has a compartment to store the 995 wrench. Could you use the wrench as a bullet button. Again sorry, but pleased you have picked it up....Joe

1 - 20 of 66 Posts