Perfect Union banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now! And I do expect, and will accept, harassment from you folks up north that cuss the stuff.

Gotta remember it's not often we see it here. I'm 56 and only recall maybe three or four times that we've had over 6-inches at once.

Sends me to the woods. Wife, sweet lady she is, and our employees know I'll be useless around here. Got to walk and play in the snow quick, it'll be gone in one to two days for sure, if it's not melted by morning.

·
Registered
14 Posts
odt: How much are ya'll expecting?
Being from S'port, I know you seldom get any and it makes for a real holiday:D
Have Fun:D :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
7, give us a holler if you make it through again, Chris/maggiethecat (over at GB) and I met there. He's about a 1/4-mile down the road from me. Small world! We've made a couple of gun shows together now. Really a nice guy (for a marine:D ).

Texas weather! I carry my burrr suit and shorts in my bass boat year round, it can be in the 20's at daylight and 75 by afternoon.

Spiny, saw your post on the canoe trip, you are welcome or I wouldn't have made the offer.
On the snow, it's already stopped and the grass isn't yet covered. Weather station made no mention of it to my knowledge for today. Temps 32-degrees at 4:45, may have some more tonight.

No work for me tomorrow, I plan on carrying a gun around in the morning!

G

·
I love snow, and always have. When I was a kid, a lot of adults use to grumble "you won't be so happy about it when you have to drive in it." They were wrong. :D I have an old (read: scratchable) but capable 4wd truck that I am more than willing to drive on snow.

Enjoy it, and remind it that it should be coming up here soon. ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Must be headed your way Doc, it was gone here before dark, SIGH again.

Put my hunting gear back in the closet, maybe we'll get another shot at it before winter is over. Weather man says we'll be in the 60's next couple of days.

Warm weather is nice, and I am glad we don't stay in the teens or single digets more than a day or two usually. But, two or three days of snow would be nice.

Where are you at?

·
Registered
277 Posts
As the old saying goes "better you than us". We had about a 1" snow the other night, I think we've had 5" so far this winter and that's usually what a single snow fall is. But it has been a little on the chilly side. ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's been a strange winter. Colorado is dry, here we've had no ice at all. None, ningunos, nada! That one little tease of snow has been it. Usually by now we would have had three or four days of the slick stuff.

Bugs will be thick this spring.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Two storms with over 24" of snow, -14* without the windchill factor, cannot make the car move as the clutch is frozen, back hurts from shoveling all the snow, cannot get out and do anything because it is too cold, in other words IT SUCKS!!!!!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Geno,
I'm sure you guys have had all of it you want, sorta like our infamous summers.

Hunting in it for us is pretty special because we don't see much of it. Guess you'd have to have snow shoes to get to the groc. store.

G

·
Yeah, I'm willing to admit its cold now. Hovering around 0. This morning I got to transfer water from my sink to my tub due to a frozen line. The kitchen had cold, but no hot. I plugged in the heat lamp when I left for the day, which usually takes care of it. I've insulated the hell out of it, but a cat had knocked down the crawlspace cover, letting the wind blow in.

Well, I got home today and it was still frozen. I fired up the old salamander and put it just outside the crawl space hole and let it blow in. 40 minutes, and I had water running through every line again.

I don't drive my car in poor weather, but I figured I ought to start it up. It started ok, but the wheels were frozen to the ground, as I discovered when I tried to turn the steering wheel. I moved it back a bit to break it free, but it was rather surprising.

My wife has been making fun of me for wearing a black and white plaid flannel jacket I've got. She thinks its ugly.:rolleyes: I don't think so, but its quilted and very warm.

·
Registered
630 Posts
outdoortexas: I think Mother Nature got mixed up. I live in Idaho. Our weather has been in the 50s. During this time of the year and in December I would expect - tempter and at least 4" to 8" of snow on the ground from late November to the Middle of January. As of this date, we have had one snow storm and almost long shirt sleeved weather. Someone fooled Mother Nature and that ain't nice............:rolleyes:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In the teens two nights in a row now, maybe that'll take out some of the insects we're known for come spring.
Lucky though, no ice, and back in the 50's this weekend.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey, Hey!
We have about a foot of the stuff here in NC. More than normal for us. Was supposed to be about 2-4 inches fall Wednesday night. Everybody is having a snow day!
Temps in the teens and winds yesterday about 40 mph!
I'm sitting here warm and cozy, playing the pc.

·
Registered
277 Posts
We just had another 1". I think we're up to 6" total this year. But it did warm up to 14 deg. The winter carnivel starts next week, car races on ice, flying kites, ice sculptures. I'm sure it will warm up enough to screw that up too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts