Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this nut, Sniper is not using A Mini 14, or they will try and take them away next! I love my Mini 14 and I aways obey the law, we will all suffer from this as gun owners, I.ll bet, somewhere down the road!

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
The press said the police analyzed the brass, was either an AR-15 or a mini-14. Which means it was fired from an A-2 chamber.

·
Registered
27 Posts
he made a few two hundred yard shots. id say an AR. their are more accurate AR's out there than Mini's. most people who are proficient at hitting targets at two hundred yards would have an AR, simply because it better suits that goal. the mini can obviously do it, but id bet its a box stock AR from someone like Bushmaster, who can produce one that accurate out of the box.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i can't remeber what station said the sniper was shooting .223, but the spent case they showed was .243. the media wouldn't distourt the the trueth! remember election time is comming. the anti-gunners are going to go all out. if any one tries to take my mini-14 or other guns, it will be after the fight!!:usa:

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm still betting on a bolt gun or something like a TC contender that breaks down in a small package. I think they only have the cartridge case he (they) wanted them to have and possibly not even from their rifle. Probably a case he picked up at the local range. There are alot of Hi Vel. 22 centerfires out there. He'll keep a bunch of people chasing FFL's forms from local dealers for the wrong rifle if this is the case. This nut probably handloads his own anyways. I'm not eliminating a foreign group of terrorists either.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
The case I saw on tv was a .223 (they said) they analalized the case dimemsions, and fireing pin strike. They said it came from either an AR 15 or mini-14. They also analyze the bullet the .243 would be larger. But no mater what it actualy turns out to be, I bet they are using a semi auto. One victom was hit 2 or 3 times, and they are hit all over, head, chest, crotch, arm etc. so they arn't that good of a shot. When the police catch em, there will be a shoot out, they will have semi autos, don't believe they will make it to trial.

Flak I'm with you it could be terriost, as they also target women, and kids, as they have no stomach to stand man to man in a real fight. They seem to hate all americans equally. Just my 2 cents.:mad:

·
Registered
287 Posts
On CNN today they said it was are you ready for this a AR15 ASSAULT RIFLE who in their right mind would would listen to such BS?

·
Registered
13 Posts
The media are clowns, The one I liked the best was the .410 rifle, followed closely by the automatic revolver. Call a sling shot an assault weapon long enough and people will believe it. It really wouldn't surprise me if it was a .243 and they are just trying to get rid of AR's etc again. Wait till they ban scoped weapons because they are to easy to be used for "long range" sniping.
John.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In the wake of this domestic terror campaign, I suspect that there will be media and non-gun-owning people browsing the bbs, no doubt interested in seeing the reactions of gun owners. Welcome to the forum.

Now before any of you start believing the tales that more gun laws and increased "gun control" will make America safer, please consider that the act of confiscating properly-registered guns, or taking away the ability to carry such guns, from law-abiding citizens will allow the illegally-armed criminals (who are not planning to register their guns) to operate with impunity, safe in the knowledge that their intended victims will be relatively defenseless. In England, the Dunblane Ban did nothing to abate crimes committed with handguns. Now in the DC area, you have a psychopathic serial killer using a gun, despite the very restrictive gun laws which clearly only affect law-abiding citizens, and not criminals. Increased "gun control" is not the answer. As gun laws are obviously intended only for law-abiding citizens, and are only followed by law-abiding citizens, less restrictions and more education will do far more to make your country a safer place to live.

For those of you living in the DC area, my thoughts are with you, and I hope the person(s) responsible are swiftly caught, and dealt with appropriately.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Originally posted by JWB2
Call a sling shot an assault weapon long enough and people will believe it.
Umm, my evil black slingshot has a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action, and a folding stock that braces it against the forearm, and I bet it would even launch grenades if my slingshotsmith lengthened the surgical tubing. So I guess that would qualify it as an "assault weapon" in America. :D

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
wraith you cracked me up, and I spurted coffie all over. That was a good one.:D :D :D

·
Registered
569 Posts
Wraith nails it. If you really want to, with equal motivation you can approximate this guys results to date with a plastic butter knife. The gun is just the means, not the cause. However, us folks here in California can pretty much expect the worst now, thanks to the DC asshole. However, who wants to bet that if the CA pols. ban the mini14, they forget about the mini30. Half-assed is the name of the game out here as far as politics go. It could actually work for us, who knows?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Saw John Plaster (retired SF sniper,author) on tv today. He said this guy is just an ok shot and just uses common sense as far as his tactics. 150 yards or less distance for shots, and uses the many wooded areas next to heavily trafficked places for shooting hides. Then jumps into a car and out of town by means of freeway. Maybe a driver and lookout with him.
The Wisconsin pileup hardly got any attention compared to the snipe. 10 or more dead but I guess death by auto crash is just too routine to be interesting. No calls for banning cars as yet. :rolleyes:
Wouldn't be surprised if Al Qaeda is watching this snipe and planning to copy his tactics. Might even be them doing it now.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
On the news tonight, an eye witness said it was an AK-74. They said they are sometimes chambered in .223. These guys are terriost. I just hope they are not from our own citizens, and they nail em now!

·
Registered
20 Posts
The AK-74 (sidearm of ASS-AMA BIN LADEN) fires 5.45 x 39-mm....the .223 Rem is 5.56mm. I'm sure the ballistic experts could tell the difference.

The media around here was reporting that a witness saw the sniper with 'an automatic assault rifle'. I'm sure that when all this is over, the .223 will be vilified and demonized, as will anyone who shoots it. I sure hope this bastard is caught soon....

·
Registered
689 Posts
thats a good article on 223 pistols lcm. I also think a single shot handgun would be capable of these shootings. I'm sure the BATF knows what type of firearm the spent 223 cases they have in their possession were fired in. Although they seem to not want the public to know. I'm sure most people here know they've been showing an AK74 on the news of late. And yes there are a variety of AK's in 223cal. about 8 different types easly available in this country. So either the shooters are using various weapons or the eyewitnesses don't really know what rifles they were looking at, or they may be getting ready for another anti push to ban these types of rifles making sure they get plenty of TV coverage. Also these nut cases could have picked up some spent cases from the range to drop at the crime scene to throw the investigators off track. Time will tell although I'm not sure the general public will ever know the complete story.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I reload cases from the firing range that have been used in other guns, maybe this ass biter does too. I am willing to bet it's an AR because of the accuracy. However the Mini 14 does tend to send the casing flying forward making it hard for retreival.

I dont know what the politicos have planned for us now, but to think that a person is attacking a citizenship that has long suffered a ban on personal hand guns leads me to believe that further bans will be met with a public on the side of self defense.

What chance do you have against an armed wacko? 50/50 if you see him doing something and you can defend yourself. The state of Virginia has a law giving a right to carry a loaded handgun in plain view in any automobile. I bet there are a lot more people using that right.:usa:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts