Perfect Union banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading an article on the 4 best scopes for Minis and the Sniper Compact 4x32 scope gets a positive mention. It's so cheap, one would doubt the quality but reading other reviews it's all gets good reviews.

Anyone tried it? I know Minis can be tough on scopes and cheap usually means less than durable....but this is so cheap you I can afford to give it a go.

The 4 Best Scopes for Mini 14 Ranch Rifles - Reviews 2015

·
Registered
897 Posts
Not a bad deal as long as it will take the punishment that a Mini dishes out. That would probably make a great scope for a 10/22 also.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I saw a new Midway flyer where the Leatherwood 2-7x Scout scope is on sale, great scope for $130. But you would need an Ultimak or Amega rail to use it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would shy away from a scope that cheap. I have used cheap scopes a few times, I could have bought a good scope for the money I spent on cheap ones. Its just not going to be good. Its ok to try if your trying to find out what features you want and know up front this is not the final answer. I also have a Nikon on my mini. It was the best bang for the buck that I could find. Its nothing special but it works and I can see through it. hope it helps.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nikons and Leupold VX-1s are far and away the best bang for your $200. I'm currently running a Hi-Lux copy of the old Redfield M40 with the awesome "Tombstone" style ranging reticle that I'm liking quite a bit, street price on that is $200ish as well, but I doubt it will prove as durable as the Nikons/Leupolds.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My favorite.....

Just looks to be MADE for the mini. Compact, unobtrusive, tough. Plenty of x for the ranges that a mini is best at, but really shines at 1x and both eyes open for unlimited FOV on moving game and varmints.

- Jay

·
Registered
108 Posts
My favorite..... Amazon.com : Weaver V-3 1-3X20 Riflescope (Matte) : Rifle Scopes : Sports & Outdoors

Just looks to be MADE for the mini. Compact, unobtrusive, tough. Plenty of x for the ranges that a mini is best at, but really shines at 1x and both eyes open for unlimited FOV on moving game and varmints.

- Jay
I have an old pintax shaped like that in 2.5 power. It was a really handy scope. Changed it out for a redfield 2-7x32. Not sure if it is any better than the fixed power.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I'm sure that Nikon Scope can take whatever a Mini dishes out.

My first optic on my Mini was the Second one down the page billed as a Crossman 1-4x.

It is a Leapers brand in reality. It lived thru 1500+ rounds thru my Mini until I decided that the gun was better served by a Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot.

I removed it and reinstalled it on my Beeman R1 airgun which killed it in less than 100 shots!

I have developed quite a following for the TRS 25 Red Dot here and at Cast Boolits, and at the Kel Tec website. Best bang for your optics buck out there IMHO. And many are able to see the logic once they get on board. But it doesn't fit everyone's needs.

I think most of us here will agree that whereas the .223 round is capable of traveling further than 300 yards ,,,it's,,, "Effective Range" is around 300 yards.

I also think most of us will agree that the average Mini14 is a 2-3MOA gun out of the box. By simply multiplying 2-3 times the yardage in 100 yard increments you get how big your best case group will be for your given shot.

However that doesn't mean that one of the shots from that group won't connect.

I have actually shot one of these scopes as my Bro In Law has one . It is mounted on a built up AR and I feel it is more appropriate in this role, than on a Mini. Also on a Bolt Action Varmint rifle it would be my first choice.

He also has a 1-4x Scope on his Kel-Tec SU16 when I have a TRS 25 on that gun as well. I tried the 1-4 Leapers on that gun but it made the gun too big can clunky so I mounted the Red Dot.

This is all MHO, and since it is your gun,,, you are free to accessorize it as you wish.

I have an extra AR Lower and am planning on building a longer range target shooter with a 20 or 24" bbl as soon as I find the complete upper I want. I will probably try that Nikon on it/

Whatever makes you the best shooter you can be,,, is what you should use! :ar15:

Randy

Attachments

·
Operation:Mindcrime
3,036 Posts
Buy a cheap scope, and the Mini will kill it.

What about the Nikon p223 3x32?

Reactions: repo

·
Operation:Mindcrime
3,036 Posts
One way to find out. One can go out, buy a cheap scope and fire away. Then see what happens. In general Minis are known to be tough on scopes. As far as bushings, dont know. Merely a precautionary statement.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts