Perfect Union banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The chops were seasoned with Tony Chachere's Original Creoloe Seasoning, then kept in the fridge overnight.

The pit used a mix of oak and hickory.

The grill was rather greasy, so I put some foil down.

Man oh man, my pit does not like foil at all. What was normally a 2 hour cook time, turned into a 2 1/2 hour cook time.

The event was my step-sons 30th bithday party. We had 2 packs of family sized pork chops, 1 ten pound bag of chicken quaters, 2 packs boudain, 1 pack sausage, large pack of hot dogs for the kids.

Besides everything that was on the grill, my wife fixed a crock pot full of beans and some croissants.

Attachments

·
01FFL
40 Posts
Never tried smoking pork chops, looks good!

I did do a Pork shoulder a couple of weeks a go.
Rubbed with Kosher salt and Black Pepper.
Inserted 4 cloves of Garlic, cut in half and evenly spaced around the shoulder.

Pork, Garlic and Mesquite Smoke, a perfect combination. IMHO

·
Registered
8,148 Posts
I've smoked/roasted chops many times in my covered grill (heavy gauge aluminum Warm Morning) with great results. my mom's favorite (may God rest her soul) was my chicken leg quarters I cooked this way w/apple wood. brushed w/sauce couple times last 15 minutes of cooking.

the leg/quarters shown look great though. I like cranberry/chipotle jalepeno relish with them - umm-umm.

·
Registered
14 Posts
With all the food you fix and always a big family gathering I bet I could slip in line and never be noticed. How about a week ahead.... heads-up next time you go to cook Kev. ;0)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts