Perfect Union banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
It sucks if you are trying to buy, but I've got 9, and I wouldn't mind parting with 2 or 3, and it will help me build an AR or 2
Looks like Norincos are going for ~$350 or so plus shipping on gunbroker. I think I am gonna wait a few days and light it up.

·
Registered
524 Posts
"Shotgun News" listed the Yugo SKS in their Dec. 1 magazine for about $230 or so.
Whether they actualy have them, and the expected rifle condition(s), have no idea.
Looked through the ads tonight at a book store.

A second business appeared to offer them for about $200, but this might be very deceptive advertising, or they have a large quantity to sell?

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
"Shotgun News" listed the Yugo SKS in their Dec. 1 magazine for about $230 or so.
Whether they actualy have them, and the expected rifle condition(s), have no idea.

A second business appeared to offer them for about $200, but this might be very deceptive advertising, or they have a large quantity to sell?
With a $200 starting bid on my Norinco, I have gotten 0 bids with only about 37 hours left on it.

Doesn't make sense to me; before I put mine up, none of them closed under $350 plus shipping.

·
Moderator and Super Member
7,547 Posts
With a $200 starting bid on my Norinco, I have gotten 0 bids with only about 37 hours left on it.

Doesn't make sense to me; before I put mine up, none of them closed under $350 plus shipping.
Quite a bit of time left on it though.

·
7,547 Posts

The ads have a lead time. If its a display ad, its well over a month IIRC.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Chinese in wester ky run around 350 and under. Yugos are about 160ish give or take a 20.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I hope the prices stay high for awhile. I have two Russian SKS for sale now in the 'for sale' section'. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Good and bad news here in Missouri (Kansas City area). Norinco SKS (stock are crap but mechanics are sound) $239 dollars. 1 Russian (great looking, actions is easy but trigger is tight) for $359. Same store also had 2 Yugo's for $179. That beats the pants off of Cabela's $499.99 Russian.

Otherwise, good luck finding an SKS for under $400 now (in a store). The Armory in Kearney didn't even have any, and Great Guns had 1 Norinco for five hundred something. It's simply amazing.

·
Registered
524 Posts
For now, is it just the appearance and most attractive-looking wooden parts which set many apart for the highest pricing?
If not, then first/second impressions don't really count for most people.
Are Yugos now selling for low prices partly out of concern for corrosion suffered during the Balkan War?

Blender Wizard":
When I first discovered (& first handled) the rugged, simple fun of the SKS last March (immed. after I bought my Mini 30-but no regrets), many of the nicest Norincos on 'GunBroker' seemed to have listed "Buy Now" at about $270-290.
An older retired gent in Texas who I called in March had several nice Norincos, asking about 270 and listed about one at a time on 'GB'.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
It seems to me the best internet deals on new Yugo SKS rifles these days is about $270 (that works out to be about $345 total with local dealer transfer fees). They sell at gunshows for $300-320, tax included. Supplies are dwindling and no more are being produced, driving up prices. Norinco still produces SKS and AK rifles but are prohibited from selling them in the States due to import laws (I believe you can still get a chicom SKS in Canada for under $100 USD). So all you have left in the States are the current stocks available - unless someone can get a hold of the tooling and begin to produce them here in the US.

I still kick myself for not having bought a wooden crate of 5 Yugos for $300 and several crates of 7.62 x 39mm when it went for $80 per 1000 rds. It would have been well worth it!

·
7,547 Posts
I'd wager that if you bought a crate of SKS and ammo for them now that by the time Obama's administration gets done, the price increases will dwarf those we've seen so far. Could be a far better investment than gold, silver, or mortgage-backed securities. (apologies to those who lost money due to that debacle. I know I have.:()

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm glad I bought mine in '92. $89 at the local army surplus! I just wish I'd bought one of their Makarovs at the same time.
Got a Norinco SKS infantry model for Christmas when I was 14 years old. $90 for the rifle and three boxes of milsurp ammunition. Still got that rifle too, it remains one of my favorite rifles for plinking and brush hunting.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Prices in KC have gone up. $375 for a Russian (some modification), $500 for a tapco-f'ed Chinese, and $300 for a regular chinese.

This is madness.

THIS IS: OBAMA!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Did that use up all your attachment allowance?
Yeah, but I think I like yours better. And back on topic, I can't believe a Norinco SKS would go for what they fetch these days. Truly, the end times are upon us.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I purchased a Chinese SKS that is in excellent shape for $412.00. It's a high price, but I had to have one. The WASR 10's also shot up. They were going for $375.00, now they are up to $499.00. As a matter of fact, anything that is semi-automatic is climbing fairly rapidly.

·
Registered
387 Posts
What I'm really looking for is the shorter barreled "para" SKS. I've heard good things about them. With the para and the standard in my cabinet, my SKS collection will be well rounded.

·
Registered
149 Posts
What I'm really looking for is the shorter barreled "para" SKS. I've heard good things about them. With the para and the standard in my cabinet, my SKS collection will be well rounded.
Mine is the para model, with the pigsticker bayonet underneath. I love the shorter barrel, and it shoots just fine. I can regularly hit pop cans and light bulbs with it at 100m over open sights, and that works for me.

I'm wondering if the Saigas are going to become the new SKS in the market, since SKSs are skyrocketing so fast. A Saiga with some AK-style furniture may be the way to go soon.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts