Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious, Big 5 sporting goods use to sell the yugos for $179 on sale, some in nice shape, latest flyer has the same rifles in good condition for $399! Did I miss something? I noticed J&G guns prices went up too. If folks are paying that kind of prices, I may sell my norinco sporter with the thumbhole stock that takes the AK mags and just buy another AK 47.
So are the prices just going up on these rifles? or are they dreaming? thanks jim

·
Registered
58 Posts
Bought a or should say was high bidder on a NORINCO as new with all matching numbers and the original supplied pieces, i.e., bayo, cleaning kit, oil container sling, and stripper clips. $305. Serial # traces to 1958. Bought another in excellent condition, no #'s on the trig guard or mag. everything else orig. 1965 production $240. Both purchased in past 4 months.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm glad I bought mine in '92. $89 at the local army surplus! I just wish I'd bought one of their Makarovs at the same time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
just curious, Big 5 sporting goods use to sell the yugos for $179 on sale, some in nice shape, latest flyer has the same rifles in good condition for $399! Did I miss something? I noticed J&G guns prices went up too. If folks are paying that kind of prices, I may sell my norinco sporter with the thumbhole stock that takes the AK mags and just buy another AK 47.
So are the prices just going up on these rifles? or are they dreaming? thanks jim
if its a norinco, and you want to let go of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pm me, i'm looking for one for my son..
can't find one period,,,,,,,,, around here.
thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im probably going to hang onto it, its just that the sks prices is edging up to the cheap AK prices. My sks is what they use to sell as a sporter, 16.5 inch barrel, AK mags from the factory, thumbhole stock. no bayo lug. jim

·
Moderator and Super Member
7,547 Posts
Fewer left to sell, price goes up. $99 for an NRA Excellent '54 Tula, I can't remember what year I bought it. Last one I saw auctioned for around $400.

G

·
So there are no more SKS rifles being produced? I would imagine that the cheapness of the things was in part due to them flooding the gun market years ago. The number of available ones certainly has dried up.

·
7,547 Posts
I don't think they've been made since a little after the AK took over. Like most military surplus, what we've seen has been stockpiles of war-reserve weapons and ammo liquidated after the breakup of the Soviet Bloc to generate cash money. "Get yours early" has always been wise advice. When it's gone, it's expensive.

·
7,547 Posts
Actually the YUGO M59/66 is still being produced,along with a couple variations of it. They are just not being imported.
I am amazed and corrected. :)

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Bought a or should say was high bidder on a NORINCO as new with all matching numbers and the original supplied pieces, i.e., bayo, cleaning kit, oil container sling, and stripper clips. $305. Serial # traces to 1958. Bought another in excellent condition, no #'s on the trig guard or mag. everything else orig. 1965 production $240. Both purchased in past 4 months.
Holy crap!:blink::blink::blink::blink:

I've bought 8 Chinese SKS's in the past 4 - 5 years and never paid more than $225 for one, and it was brand new. I bought one about a month or so (see gallery) for $175 OTD. If people are paying that for Chinese, then maybe I need to start selling mine off.

·
7,547 Posts
I paid $89 for the Chinese I had. Traded it away in a 3-way for the Russian. Wish I'd bought a crateful now.

·
Registered
524 Posts
SKS48:

Knowing nothing about the business (am an older, very late-bloomer with guns), are SKS rifles not being imported in order to wait for price increases, or are the wholesalers afraid of a quick bill in Congress next year to prohibit many guns or tax ammo, despite the concern about the financial mess and Iraq/Afghan.?

If the threats appear quite realistic, is the NRA lobby etc weaker than what many people believe?

Mini 14, 30, SKS and two MN 44s (plus really old Savage .22). I've only been buying guns for one year.

·
7,547 Posts
Today's Big 5 ad lists Yugos for $399 with variable condition. That makes them sound less than nice, as might be expected, but $399?

NRA can't make anyone import or sell any different. Business is business. They have some throw in Congress but are not all-powerful.

·
American realist
316 Posts
i purchased two mint condition russian versions in nov- 94 (just ran across the receipts) for 159 ea. one i have fired a couple times (maybe 50 rds total) added a folding stock & detachable mags. the other i have left in the box as purchased. at these prices, i might end up turning loose of one in the future. just for comparative prices, i purchased a swedish m96 mauser ( mint condition, 1909 date) the same day for $89. those seem to have increased considerably too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kind of the reason I went and picked up a stripped lower reciever to build a AR. Im sure the prices will only go up in the future. jim

·
Registered
43 Posts
Samco sold out of new consecutive S/N Yugo's last week @ $249.00 each. Now they offer "excellent" condition or 90% for $289.00.

If prices keep going up I'll just save a little more for a decent AK. Bulgarian maybe. This price gouging and hoarding absolutely sucks!

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Samco sold out of new consecutive S/N Yugo's last week @ $249.00 each. Now they offer "excellent" condition or 90% for $289.00.

If prices keep going up I'll just save a little more for a decent AK. Bulgarian maybe. This price gouging and hoarding absolutely sucks!
It sucks if you are trying to buy, but I've got 9, and I wouldn't mind parting with 2 or 3, and it will help me build an AR or 2

1 - 20 of 48 Posts