Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who reload or are considering it. I e-mailed Sierra the other day and asked them what was coming down the pipe for 8mm. The reply was as follows.

Dale , For several years we have made a 200 gr MK HPBT that was sold exclusively overseas, this bullet will very soon be available to U.S. shooters Other than that no new developments in 8mm.

That some good news , I'd still like to see a 150 gr. though. Maybe if we bug them enough they will.

Dale

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you tried any 150 gr. reloads, I bought a box of Hornady and when I tried to set the bullet to lands gap the 150 grs. were so short they would not hit the case much less seat in the case, if I seat them 3/16 in they will have a 3/8 in. jump, the turk 154 gr. shoots ok so mabe the 150 gr. will be ok.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have dies for 8mm yet. I'll be getting them soon. I've been looking to see what's out there. I would think 150's should work fine . As you've stated turk ammo works just fine and is only slighty heavier. I'm interested in the 150's because they are the closest thing to the bullet weight my turk mausers are sighted in for. I know if I move to 200's or something else I can play with load combos to get the same effect. I like lighter bullets. It would be interesting to have some accerators loaded for 8mm.

Dale

1 - 3 of 3 Posts