Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one ever added a side mount scope rail to there AK? I have a norenco milled reciever AK, the gun is very acurate, and I am itching for a sniper PSOP Dragunov style scope to put on it. I am worried about mounting the rail correctly, and the scope not being in line.
My next Idea was to leave this gun on the shelf and buy a new AK, any words on the Romanian AK-47 that only accepts the 10 round clips, they are pretty cheap? I also heard that the mag hole in the receiver can be milled out to accept the high-cap mags.

·
Registered
28 Posts
jtrich, I have installed a few of them...some vendors include a template showing where to drill the holes, so if you order one, make sure and ask for it....since your gun is a milled receiver, do not try to use rivets to attach it, thread the holes and use the appropriate fine pitch screws, along with a dab of thread locker (loctite 272)...

About the Romanian WASR-10's....they can be modified to accept high caps, but the mag well and the front trunion has to be modified (this can be done with a Dremel and a steady hand)...but in order for you to do this legally, you have to replace 4 of the parts with US made ones to remain in comliance with the ATF....otherwise, you'll create an illegal import high cap....

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I went for my second option, and ordered a WASR-10 yesterday. Any excuse to get a new gun, and I'll use it. Thanks for the info on modifying it, I was pretty sure it could be done, but didn't know there was a legal way to do it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No problem, I hope I was of some assistance...if you ever have any questions concerning the Ak family of rifles, just drop me a line...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts