Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
communism hater
3,917 Posts
Plenty of ammo for my weapons. Still working on food and water although I have quite a bit right now. Alternative currencies like silver and gold. I have very little gold but I have alot of silver. I also think food,water,guns, and ammo will be trade goods in a SHTF situation. Im a reloader and have enough supplies on hand to reload thousands more rounds of ammunition.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pure silver is a good idea because you can use it to make colloidal silver which does wonders for many things despite all the negative feedback from doctors etc... something to keep in mind.

·
hostilenativelibertarian.
7,825 Posts
pure silver is a good idea because you can use it to make colloidal silver which does wonders for many things despite all the negative feedback from doctors etc... something to keep in mind.
I have made that before and it does work wonders,and even some of the dyed in the wool AMA doctors(pill pushers)have started to take notice-although they won't say that it does work,they skirt around the issue by saying "it could'nt hurt".Funny why it worked so well prior to the discovery of penicillin and all of it's offshoots.<_<

·
7,825 Posts
:blink:guns,ammo,reloading stuff,water,food,TP,med supplies,spices,and "other" trade goods!Gasoline,and diesel is next on the list when these dammmmmmed fuel prices come down from the price gougers on the left coast.<_<

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what types of foods are best for storage? obviously canned foods but are there any other types? and what is the best way to store water?

·
7,825 Posts
what types of foods are best for storage? obviously canned foods but are there any other types? and what is the best way to store water?
H2o-I store in 55 gal plastic food grade drums,either iodine or colloidal silver and a tight bung will keep water near indefinately-or you can boil it or filter it before use.Canned goods are self explanitory,dry goods-flour,spices,other baking mixes,all can be stored in airtight 5 gallon food buckets from restaurants.For indefinate storage they can be gas pressurized with co2,or nitrogen,or even argon if that's what you have!Or they can be stored in mason jars with a "vacuumed" on lid from a foodsaver vacuum unit-which also works well for packaging ammo,reloading stuff, even firearms that you want to store in"unlikely places".

·
Registered
74 Posts
multiple stashes in multiple locations in mulitiple combinations.
maps, books,compasses,meds,water purifying tab and filters,tools,money,spare parts for vehicles,names and locations of different people,and how to contact them,
I think it has been covered recently..
The list could be endless...

·
Registered
19 Posts
+1 on the foodsaver, 101 uses and finding more all the time.
I'm on my second foodsaver unit, anyone who hunts needs to own one of these. I've kept venison frozen in foodsaver bags for over 2 years with no freezer burn. Also great if you buy meat in bulk, but there truly are a million things that could be vacuum sealed for later use. Dry goods such as sugar, flour and spices would keep almost indefinitely if vacuum sealed. Matches and fire starting materials will be nice and dry even if it goes in the river on a canoe trip as will firearms and ammo if sealed up tight, although you'd probably have trouble sealing up a scoped rifle. The possibilities are endless. Everyone should own one of these units.

Stu

·
Registered
71 Posts
A foodsaver is on my list to buy. That and more components to reload. Not too sure about saving too much other things as I am on so many meds I am not sure how long I could survive. I would be SOL if I go too long without my heart meds. :wacko:

·
7,825 Posts
A foodsaver is on my list to buy. That and more components to reload. Not too sure about saving too much other things as I am on so many meds I am not sure how long I could survive. I would be SOL if I go too long without my heart meds. :wacko:
;)I don't know if you are on VA meds,my neighbor is and he gets his meds for 6 mos at a time-I don't know how your situation works tho.:unsure:Have you looked at alternative meds?Homeopathic or whatever?

·
Registered
71 Posts
{Have you looked at alternative meds?Homeopathic or whatever?}

Thanks. Good idea. Don 't mean to hijack thread.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
One thing often overlooked is chlorine or bleach. I have a case of it in the garage, lots of uses other then tidy whiteys. Its a good disinfectant, water purification agent and with a little knowledge in chemistry it has a few uses I won't get into here.

Also a few do it yourself type books.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One thing often overlooked is chlorine or bleach. I have a case of it in the garage, lots of uses other then tidy whiteys. Its a good disinfectant, water purification agent and with a little knowledge in chemistry it has a few uses I won't get into here.

Also a few do it yourself type books.
yeah there were hundreds at the gun show last time, and how can you use it as a water purifier without being harmed by it?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
yeah there were hundreds at the gun show last time, and how can you use it as a water purifier without being harmed by it?
A few drops to a gallon of clean iffy water, shake and let stand then drink. Boiling water may not always be an option. Small amounts of chlorine while not good for you over time is better then what might happen if you drink untreated water. Iodine will also work, that what most of those water purification pills are.

·
7,825 Posts
;)FYI-I deal at times with water purification and use some pretty extreme chems,chlorine is the last ditch effort and it does harm the human body.hydrogen peroxide is safe and does good things,as is iodine-both will poison you if you get too much,my personal choice is colloidal silver-it has many uses and many health benefits.No you won't turn "blue"(argiria)unless you drink enough over a long period of time(absurd amounts).:blink:Do a google search on it!Coloidal silver!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts