Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mini 14 (blued) I purchase new in 85 with the factory folding stock attached. Since the purchase I added a flash surpressor and a scope mounting block. I've called a few local gun dealers and the best offer I've had is $300.00. Finally I asked if the folding stock was bringing the price down and the answer was basically yes. Evidently in Maryland there is additional paper work need for this so called assult weapon. This doesn't make sense to me, dealers should be familiar with the paper work because they do it all the time and I would think that the Ruger folding stock would increase the price. Am I being duped? any suggestions would be appreciated.

By the way this rifle is in excellent condition in case you wondering if that had anything to do with prices I was getting.
Thanks ufo1956

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
$300 is about what the stock is worth w/o the gun. If you want to sell it I would make you an offer. Thx-Ace

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to everyone for the help and advise. I did sell it locally and was able to get $450.00 for it. I figured the shop has to make a profit too.
Thanks again
UFO1956

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
Originally posted by ufo1956
I have a mini 14 (blued) I purchase new in 85 with the factory folding stock attached. Since the purchase I added a flash surpressor and a scope mounting block. I've called a few local gun dealers and the best offer I've had is $300.00. Finally I asked if the folding stock was bringing the price down and the answer was basically yes. Evidently in Maryland there is additional paper work need for this so called assult weapon. This doesn't make sense to me, dealers should be familiar with the paper work because they do it all the time and I would think that the Ruger folding stock would increase the price. Am I being duped? any suggestions would be appreciated.

By the way this rifle is in excellent condition in case you wondering if that had anything to do with prices I was getting.
Thanks ufo1956
Post an advertisement on this forum and see what you get!

http://www.perfectunion.com/forums/forumdi...p?s=&forumid=11

:usa:

·
Registered
4 Posts
i got my mini with a folding stock off someone for 400 bucks too ;)

what a deal! what is the highest capacity mag i can get? 40 right ? also if you guys could give me some good links to aftermarket things for my mini14 like laser sights, mags, bulk ammo....that kinda ****.....i would really appriciate it!

thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tree,

The largest capacity mags I've seen for the Mini 14 are 90 round circular magazines. I honestly don't remember the web site where I saw them but with a little searching I'm sure you can find them. Whether they work reliably or not is another question.

For your 'normal' highcap mags, avoid lots of frustration and get the PMI mags (20,30 and 40 round capacity). A PMI 30 rd. mag sells for about $40. There are much cheaper high-cap mags available for the Mini 14 but many, if not most of them, aren't reliable.

I have my share of 'no name' high-cap mags and very few worked reliably. Fortunately, the local gunsmith was able to tweak them so that they work (more or less) but you're way ahead of the game if you stick with the PMI brand mags for your Mini-14.

Russ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts