Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· CantRe Member
628 Posts
Regardless of what you plan to reload for shotguns, you'd be very well advised to buy a LYMAN's Number/Edition five manual. It covers it all, and gives proper attention to safety issues as well.
I'm still using the Lyman 1st Edition, maybe I need to update...:D

· Registered
5 Posts
Shotgun reloading is not a tough work it is very easy.if you not have any idea to reload the shotgun,trying to search on youtube and learn that thing.But sometime mostly after monsoon shotgun are not properly reloading.

· Registered
370 Posts
Regardless of what you plan to reload for shotguns, you'd be very well advised to buy a LYMAN's Number/Edition five manual. It covers it all, and gives proper attention to safety issues as well.
That would be the best suggestion I could make!!! Great book with a ton of information in it. Its what I used when I got into shotgun reloading before You Tube was invented although that manual has been updated a few times over the years to its current incarnation. I cant imagine a reloaders bench without a copy of it on the shelf above the presses. It is a truly amazing resource in no uncertain terms.

· Registered
17 Posts
I have a 30 yr old Mec Versatech single stage reloader & it can still reload steel shot but you have to read up on it a bit. Steel shot requires different shot bars as shot vs lead evidently have different volumes. Powder bushings are probably the same. You'll probably have to buy different some different wads but that shouldn't be an issue.

People tell me I'm crazy using a single stage unit when progressives are so much more efficient but since I inheirited it for free, i've got nothing to lose.
Shotgun reloading is pretty simple stuff, just take your time and remember to follow reciepes you found is reputable loading manuals or powder websites. Too many damn fools on the internet - listen to them and you'll have a Ka-Boom faster than a room full of Cops w Glocks...:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.