Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can not find any 22 LR ammunition any place I look.
If I go to local stores, they almost laugh if you ask for 22LR and magazines.
All online retailers are sold out of mags especially BX-25
You may be able to find some ammo online but will pay 4X the usual price.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Same story here...

I stop by the sporting goods counter every time I'm in WalMart, and they give me a "seriously, dude?" look.

Honest-to-goodness gun shops are out, too.

Online retailers only have a smattering of the "match-grade" stuff in stock, and they're asking ridiculous prices. I want to shoot, but not THAT bad...

Ruger is finally starting to ship out some BX-25s that were ordered pre-AWB-pocalypse.

Whatever you do, DON'T go to eBay looking for deals. Clear BX-1s are going for $30+, where they were selling for $15ish a month ago.

My recommendation would be to order direct from Ruger and be patient. ;)

·
Redleg
260 Posts
Right now .22LR is almost impossible to get. But this will pass. Free enterprise will balance things out and right now I bet the ammo factories are on triple shifts.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Let this be a learning experience. I learned my lesson in 08 when Obama was first elected. I sold my 9mm to buy a mini 14 from a friend. Then I went shopping for ammo, and it was crazy, not as bad as now but close. I also bought a .380 and could not find ammo for it.
I am not a horder, but I started shopping when ammo came back in. I now keep enough ammo on hand. Only have 600 rds for .380 and .38 but over 1k of my other pistol calibers and 5.56. I have several .22 pistols and rifles that my son and I enjoy shooting. I bought one box of bulk federal two weeks ago for $25, but I already had 7k stored up.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
You guys know about the Walmart app, right? It lets you search walmart.com and add items to a list. From that list you can search the inventory of stores near you to find what's in stock. Not always right, but a big advantage in a very competitive time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.