Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its all over the news about the lastest shootings. bad news for me is i set up his mini-14 full tactical and sold him a ar.guess ill be talking to the cops before this is all over.

·
AC-556 Owner
740 Posts
Either your a troll or a Moron.

1. If I had any link to a shooting, I would not post anything on a forum.
2. I would use the 5th and remain silent.
3. I woul never admit helping an mental person with any gun. All the guns Ive sold were to lawfully responsible people

·
Registered
158 Posts
Either your a troll or a Moron.

1. If I had any link to a shooting, I would not post anything on a forum.
2. I would use the 5th and remain silent.
3. I woul never admit helping an mental person with any gun. All the guns Ive sold were to lawfully responsible people
Damn, give the guy a break. If he really did do business with the shooter it isn't his fault if the guy went off. Every one of these killers get their guns somewhere, whether legally of not. Not all of them are mental patients that would not have passed a background check, sometimes people just snap.

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
The thing that sucks about this is it is all a product of itself. This entire gun/guncontrol/gun violence crap is a huge loop. The more media it gets. The more of a frenzy it whips up. The more whakos come out of the wood work. The more media it gets. Combine that with an uncertain economy and other political and world issues and we have one big mess. It sucks for the responsible gun community. It sucks for the victims. I even have to say it sucks for the ones responisble for the violence who are soooo desperate they feel this is the only way out

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
In the UK and Australia, when they banned semi auto rifle and shotguns they also banned pump action shotguns (I believe in the UK for a while you could still have a 2 shot 870). I'm a little surprised that a similar effort hasn't been tried here, but I do think it is next on the agenda. Probably have to go after them with some idiot magazine limit first ("nothing over 5 shots" followed by "nothing over 2 shots") to divide the "good" sporting shotguns from the "bad" shotguns (like mine :angry: ) in about 2 "slices" of the salami.

Main reason I think they're next on the menu for the grabbers is that "shotgun joe" biden specifically pushed the idea of a side by side scattergun for self defense. That leaves room for the left to go after "assault shotguns" and handguns next.

Anyone heard definitively what the bad guy in NY used? Mossie, 870, other?

All the best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
648 Posts
I bet. I used to live in Rome NY. He is dead. This will be twisted into a mass killing, you watch. It was a spree, technically, like the beltway sniper. They will twist it because four victims died and use it to try and ban shotguns like the one he used...not like the ones Joe Biden likes or the one Obama "does skeet shooting all the time" with.

God Bless!

Ron

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
I bet. I used to live in Rome NY. He is dead. This will be twisted into a mass killing, you watch. It was a spree, technically, like the beltway sniper. They will twist it because four victims died and use it to try and ban shotguns like the one he used...not like the ones Joe Biden likes or the one Obama "does skeet shooting all the time" with.

God Bless!

Ron
In NY that's entirely possible as an "adjustment" to the SAFE act. My guess would be a magazine limit like the one they just passed, except more restrictive - say "5 is okay" at first, then smaller as time goes on.

Federally I don't see it right now, except that they may put in an 8 shot shotgun limit like they did in Colorado if they think they can pass the mag ban.

Makes me figure I should get another 870 police gun as a spare, since shotguns are one area where my collection is under-represented.

Best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
648 Posts
Interesting you bring up the 8 shot shotgun. The only "victory" in colorad was republicans convincing democrats the wording of the magazine limit bill made the 870 and the mossburg 500 illegal because they could be modified to 8 rounds. Yes, it is all up for grabs.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing, although I do have more shotguns than anything else I only have one 870 Wingmaster in 12 gauge and one in 20. I'd really like to trick one out as an assault shotgun but I can't bring myself to molest either Wingmaster, I've had the 12 since I was 15 and the 20 I inherited two years ago from my father. I've got an old Winchester model 12 pump in 16 gauge that I would consider tricking out if someone made parts.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.