Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
shawbran,
I appreciate you responding to my e-mail regarding the scout scope mount with Hakko Halo. If you remember, I had a "saddle with no horse to fit"!(hakko sight and no rifle!?). Anyway, that's all changed. I picked up a used mini-14R with a few extras a day ago. My questions to you are:

1) Has the hakko held up for you--no recoil issues,etc.

2) Has the mount from Ranch Products come loose, etc.

3) After using the scout config., would you ever consider mounting the Hakko conventionally(if you have a ranch) over the receiver using the integral mounts and some after market rail to accommodate the sight?

I'm about to make the purchase of either a scout scope config or the other--any info would be helpful.
thanks,
G.doggy

Cajungeo,

You seem to recommend some helpful ideas. In your opinion, what would you do to the gun(provided it gets the usual 4"-6"
groups @ 100 yds) to accurize it. Let's not get too carried away--I need a couple af cheap remedies. It's a used 195 series with an Eagle barrel shroud and Eagle short flash hider/improved front sight.
thanks,
G.doggy
GOOOOOO TIIIGGGEEERRRZZZZ!!!

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Sorry my other post was too long winded.
Gundoggy, before I'd put any money in your mini you might want to clean the bore with a good copper cleaner, and see what type of ammo it likes. If it still dosen't shoot tight enough then I'd get a trigger job, and bed the stock. If ya want better than that, install smaller gas bushing, and scope it. Hopes this helps ya some.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cajungeo,
just got back from the country--didn't get a chance to put it on paper, but shot about 100 rounds through it. misfired/malfunction with wolf ammo-55gr.--misfire/malfunction with winchester 45 gr. At times it shot fine, while other times it either misfired or didn't eject the empty. I'll put it on paper next and get back to you. What copper cleaner would you recommend? I was planning to use some gun scrubber. thanks,
gundoggy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts