Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this little pink Ruger 10-22 awhile back. Got to looking around and found a mint near new Elysium 16 1/2" .920 bull barrel in black.Then I have been watching e-bay for a nice stock, didn't find anything that appealed to me so I kept looking. Went to a gun show the other day and found a Ruger Carbine stock with the barrel band. After looking at it I thought that there appeared to be nice wood grain under all that dark walnut stain they put on these things, so I gave the guy $25.00 for it. When I got home I was anxious to start stripping it and found what appeared to be Curley Maple under the factory finish. WOW what a suprise. Got it completely stripped and sanded and shortened it by cutting the front end off just behing the barrel band and reshaped that and then had to cut a bunch more of the barrel channel down to accept the bull barrel and now that is free floating. Hand rubbed a few coats of Ballistol into the stripped stock . Put it all togeather, installed a bi-pod and topped it with a cheap Simmons 3-9x40 that I had setting around. Now it looks like my little girl gun has been transformed into a big boy gun. And yes it shoots real nice, 25 yds sight in.

Attachments

· Registered
2,540 Posts
You could double what you spent on that OE stock just by selling the barrel. Guys over at RFC are paying right around $60 for the 16.5" Compact barrels, and they sell within hours of being listed.

That pink stock would also bring somewhere near $50.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.