Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the factory handguard on my new 5804 mini 30 seems to have different dimensions than the 580 series. Also the choate handguard that is on the 580 won't fit on the 584. What gives?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I wasn't aware of a change. Maybe measure the barrel diameter under the hand guard of each ?
You might have to spread the spring clip a bit.

·
Major General Chit Chat
1,619 Posts
As far as the factory handguard goes, this is the first I've heard of it. IMO a call to Ruger Support is in order.

The Choate on the other hand can vary a bit. I had to do a little sanding on the front of my Choate guard for best fit on my 189 Series M30. I've read others have had to make adjustments to the Choate for best fit regardless of series, but for some it drops right in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a question for imarangemaster .....after you did the sanding was it a good fit? ...I want one but keep hearing people say they don't fit...after reading your comment I'm thinking maybe thoes people are just whining about having to do a little fit-n-finish....I actually think that is best to be a little big so you can give it a nice tight fit. Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had to trim the Choate where the slide goes into the notch at the rear on my 584, and take a little off the nose of the Choate too.
Hey man I have a 584 series and want this handgaurd. I've heard it doesn't fit but your the first person that said it works if you trim it ...witch I am very comfortable doing some fit-n-finish myself ....so my question for you is ..is it worth it . And does everything fit nicely after you did that ....nothing loose or wobbly does the clip fit the barrel correctly .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts