Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a series 184 with ATI folding stock and picatinny rail. I can use iron sights as in current config. I'd like to find some scope mounts that the bottom would stand off the picatinny some so irons would still be usable. Sort of like an upside down "U" for the clamping mechanism, where the clamping bolt would be up a 1/4 to 3/8" above the picatinny. A standard clamp mechanism covers up the see thru ability.
Anything like that out there?

·
CantRe Member
628 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for but B-Square makes a darn good quick detachable scope mount that allows you to see open sights under the mount.

There are others that mount the same way as the B-Square but nowhere near the quality.

You will get what you pay for in scopes and mounts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Steven,

I have a 183 series with the original wooden stock. I bought one of the B-Square mounts (do not use the cheap knockoffs the mounting plate is very thin) for a red dot scope. It uses a mounting plate in place of the bolt stop cover so the scope mount is above the rear sight basically and allows use of either scope or irons.

RUGER® MINI-14® SCOPE MOUNT | Brownells

You can remove the scope mount with the large thumbscrew and it keeps zero very nicely. A couple things I did and would recommend, use blue locktite on the locking screws for leveling set screws, replace the crush washer (15 cents at your local hardware store) under the thumb screw (it's too thin and flattens out making it useless).

Hope this helps or gives you another option to consider.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Weaver looks just like the BSquare except it has more slots=maybe better?
Going to order one and see how it works on the 582 first, then maybe the 184 and see.

Steven,

Weaver actually manufactures a Mini-14 scope mount that is very similar to B-Square's. Maybe it's the same one with different manufacturer name? It's gotten some positive feedback on Amazon and is available here:

Amazon.com: Weaver Multi-Slot Base System - Mini 14/No Rings: Sports & Outdoors

Whatever you decide to go with, please let us know your results.

Thanks!

Quinton

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
New guy here.
I put an ATI folding stock on my 183 series Mini-14. Looks really snappy, but shoots 2 ft high at 100 yds using factory loads. This is with iron sights and with my scope.

My rear sight is all the way down now and I'm still barely on the paper. I don't want to adjust my scope. I've had my scope & B Square side mount for a long time and have never had to adjust it.

I wonder: Did you have any similar experience with your ATI stock?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey im a littel late and brand new to the site! haha

i just picked up a mini 14, 184 series... very good condition, im no pro but id rate the stock at about 90%... im looking at more of a tactical stock tho, i love the archangel sparta but i guess thats not compatible, so i am either leaning towards the ati or the Tapsco fusion.... what do you guys think?? also im not really gonna have a use for the original wood stock after i get my replacement if anyone would be interested in it... let me know..... thanks !
ill post pics tomoro
jut

1 - 8 of 8 Posts