Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what differences there are between the series 180 Mini in .223 and the 181 series on up.
I see aftermarket stocks do not fit 180 series ect, ect,ect.
Are the physical dimension differences or what gives????
Mags are the same. Hmmm ???????
What parts are the same or are they all different.
I know reciever hold open device is dif.
Confused as hell.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
We are not ignoring ya cigar_man, I guess no one knows. Now that ya mentioned it I noticed several stocks for the mini state they don't fit the 180, but theres gotta be. You might e-mail Hogue and ask em whasss uupp? Whats the diff?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. I talked to Fred Choate about information on their stocks. He said the gas system was larger on the 180 series. I am trying to get in touch with Ruger. I have been on hold for ever. I will try again monday. I do not have another to compare with.:) :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just talked to Ruger!!!!!!!
Hmmmm, customer service just told me that the parts for a series 180 are different, but, and I mean but, that they where not sure which ones exactly.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Sounds like we build them but don't remember how we did. If that sounds confusing, it is. I shall keep trying. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Hmmm, "Customer Service": almost an oxymoron in my industry. In any case, the people you want to talk to at Ruger are the techies, not cust service reps. They aren't taught anything besides how to read their computer monitor after they plug in key words.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reply from Chris Coppos of "Hogue"
Starting to get some where

----- Original Message -----
To: Cigar Man
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 9:28 AM
Subject: Re: Ruger Mini 14 stock

At 08:46 AM 3/18/02 -0500, you wrote:

I am looking to purchase a stock for a Ruger Mini 14 .223

"Series 180"
I see that the stocks will not fit this series. Can you tell me what the difference is in the 180 series compared to the newer series. Can I make one fit??
Thank you for your time.

There were reciever revision's after serial # 180 on the mini 14/30's also some of them used a wooden upper handguard, both of these things caused them not to fit into our stock's. As far as making your gun fit, anything's possible but I personally havn't talked to anybody thats done it, not to say it hasn't been done...wish I had more info.....Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.