Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a threaded compensator on a 580 series. The unit came with a jam nut to keep it tight. It had been tight for several trips to the range, but last time out, the compensator started to rotate while I was unaware of why my groups were all over the place. I didn't notice it was loose till I got home and was cleaning the rifle. What is the best way to get a threaded compensator to hold tight, until and unless I want to take it off? I thought of blue Loctite, but I suspect the barrel can get hot enough to melt Loctite. What about some kind of washer between the jam nut and the compensator?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Not sure of the release temp of the blue loctite, but the red is around 500-600 degrees. Barrel wil never get that hot (at least- it shouldn't unless you're trying to burn it up).
I'd use the red; if you ever need to remove it you can just heat it with a torch, it won't damage the steel components.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does the crush washer go between the jam nut and the compensator or in place of using the Jam nut?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.