Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an Aimpoint Scout Scope Mount and Burris 2 & 3/4 Scout Scope on my Mini-14, but frankly, it's so high I have trouble consistently achieving a proper cheek weld.

I see now where Ranch products has a different Scout mount, one that seems to be much lower to the barrel.

Anybody here got any experience with it?

Regards
John

------------------
Ple
Please visit the [B"]Second Amendment Yellow Pages[/B]
RKBA!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have not used used one but have looked at the ranch products scope mount. It appears to be well made but puts the scope too far forward for my tastes. I would prefer the scope just forward of the reciever. How/where does the aimpoint scopemount attatch? Is the scope quick detatchable? Where did you buy it? Thx-Ace

·
Registered
1 Posts
John -- I have one of the Ranch Products scout scope mounts. First of all, their service is really slow. It took them about a month to send the mount after I ordered it. The mount is stainless steel (they also offer a black version), and weighs 6-1/2 oz. The design is nice (other than the weight), but quality control seems to be very poor. The dovetail on my mount varies in width from front to back and it is too wide for the Leupold QRW rings I want to use. As a result, the scope rings are tilted, but in different amounts. They don't line up. I wrote to Ranch Products describing the problem, but I haven't heard back from them yet. But, it hasn't been a month yet! I can't really recommend the mount unless they will straighten it out, or you have a milling machine and can fix it yourself. I will keep you posted on the results (if any) of my letter. Meanwhile, I would look elsewhere or just wait. GunLaw.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the Aimpoint mount from Brownells.

Basicly, a two piece metal dohickey clamps to the barrel, and then the Aimpoint mount attaches to the dohickey via 4 screws on each side. It replaces the upper cover on the stock.

The Aimpoint mount enables you to look UNDER it to use the iron sights. The top is shaped like a picatinny rail, so you can mount anything that uses standard Weaver rings.

Good quality, and it works real well, except for the height.

Regards
John

------------------
Ple
Please visit the Second Amendment Yellow Pages
RKBA!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Will the Aimpoint mount work with a bull bbl? I have a project in my head (will materialize when I get the cash) that this mount would be perfect for. Thanks.

SamK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts