Perfect Union banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy offered me his Scout Mount, the forward rail for the Mini-14 that takes the place of the handguard & top half of the gas block. This one was designed for the traditional style Mini (pre-series 580), but I figured it could be easily modified to fit my tactical version. These "easy" projects always tend to grow in complexity, but it finally did come out pretty nice. I put a low riser on it so I could see under the Weaver Red/Green Dot sight and use my iron sights if desired. Scout Mounts always make the Mini's look front heavy, but the balance on this rifle is pretty nice, especially with that extra mag on the buttstock...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Looks killer. Is that an Amega Ranges rail? If it were me, I might throw some QD rings instead of the riser mount. You'd probably save on some weight too.

·
Registered
298 Posts
A buddy offered me his Scout Mount, the forward rail for the Mini-14 that takes the place of the handguard & top half of the gas block. This one was designed for the traditional style Mini (pre-series 580), but I figured it could be easily modified to fit my tactical version. These "easy" projects always tend to grow in complexity, but it finally did come out pretty nice. I put a low riser on it so I could see under the Weaver Red/Green Dot sight and use my iron sights if desired. Scout Mounts always make the Mini's look front heavy, but the balance on this rifle is pretty nice, especially with that extra mag on the buttstock...

That sir, is a very nice looking rifle! The Mo-Reaper really adds a different look to it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Very nice. I found my mini to be butt heavy in the wood stock too, even with my homemade strut. It will be interesting to see if the ATI is the same, since i hope to put a red dot on the scout rail.

God Bless!

Ron

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...I hope to put a red dot on the scout rail.
I've had the Weaver Red/Green Dot Sight (shown in photo) on this rifle for two years. It's been great. I have an Ultra Dot Match Dot on my other Mini, but I have to say I find the Weaver to be a faster target acquisition, and more versatile with it's various options. They're both about the same price... Weaver -Red/Green Dot Sight -Sighting for deer or turkey hunters

·
Registered
182 Posts
Pretty cool scout set-up. I'm very intrigued with both the Amega and Ultimak scout rails. Hope to get one for my Mini-14 tactical sometime soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts