Perfect Union banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The scope I have on my mini won't focus fine enough to be clear. You can still shoot with it, but it's not ideal. What scopes handle the battering of a mini the best?

I know on my springer airgun that you need a special airgun scope to take the reverse recoil. Kind of the same principle on the mini, but I'm not sure an airgun scope would be ideal either.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Any decent scope will hold up.
The recoil is completely different than an airgun.
That said, I like Vortex scopes.
Will be running a Strike Eagle 1-6 when my rings get here.
I may also try an Athlon Talos 1-4 or Primary arms 1-6 on another rifle.
I have read good things about both

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually the reverse recoil is the same on a springer airgun and a mini. It comes from the weight of the mechanisms moving forward and slamming into a stop that creates the reverse recoil. That's the way I have understood it all along. The mini has a pretty good chunk of weight that slams forward and my understanding is that is what caused the issues with scopes.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Actually the reverse recoil is the same on a springer airgun and a mini. It comes from the weight of the mechanisms moving forward and slamming into a stop that creates the reverse recoil. That's the way I have understood it all along. The mini has a pretty good chunk of weight that slams forward and my understanding is that is what caused the issues with scopes.
True,
Sorry I was tired last night and didn't think my responce through.
However, most new good quality scopes will hold up to the Mini.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The scope I have on my mini won't focus fine enough to be clear. You can still shoot with it, but it's not ideal. What scopes handle the battering of a mini the best?

I know on my springer airgun that you need a special airgun scope to take the reverse recoil. Kind of the same principle on the mini, but I'm not sure an airgun scope would be ideal either.
I am very happy with a Nikon p223 3-9x I rarely use the higher power. 3x allows for keeping both eyes open for very quick acquisition. Clear picture. BDC is faithful anywhere between 100-500 yards. I have had no problems in the 5 years I have owned it.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I am very happy with a Nikon p223 3-9x I rarely use the higher power. 3x allows for keeping both eyes open for very quick acquisition. Clear picture. BDC is faithful anywhere between 100-500 yards. I have had no problems in the 5 years I have owned it.
True,
But Nikon no longer makes rifle scopes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think you will do well by avoiding scopes with these words on them "Tasco, Simmons", and low end ( less than $100) Bushnell scopes. I would trust anything made by Vortex, Nikon, Leopold, and most everything that retails for at least $250.

With Optics, you usually always get what you pay for.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you will do well by avoiding scopes with these words on them "Tasco, Simmons", and low end ( less than $100) Bushnell scopes. I would trust anything made by Vortex, Nikon, Leopold, and most everything that retails for at least $250.

With Optics, you usually always get what you pay for.
The scope on it now is a Bushnell sportview that I got when my wifes stepdad passed. Ended up with all his guns and stuff.
I rather think it was a cheap scope.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Scope quality has increased significantly since the one you have was made. Do your mini a favor and get a Vortex Crossfire ( if your funds are limited) spending less than $150 for a scope, you might as well flush it down the toilet ( the money ). If you can upgrade to a strikefire or Viper, that would be better.

Red dots are a different animal, and there are a few deals to be had there.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Had an old Weaver that the Mini beat-up, couldn't cut it - wouldn't hold zero after a couple of years. I've had a Burris Fullfield II as a replacement that has worked great since, probably the last 20 years I'm guessing. Bright and clear.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have three of these. (One in 223 and two in 7.62 x39 )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts