Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a 2-7 power scope for my Mini 14 under $150 if possible. Anything out there a good deal for $150? Don't really want to put a bulky 3-9 on this light rifle. Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got a 2-7x32 Redfield revenge for 130 or 140 with a 40$ rebate. Nice clear scope, excellent value, especially after the rebate. The Redfield revolution in the same power is a tad more then 150 and an even better scope

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was using a Nikon Prostaff 2-7 on the Mini, great scope for the money. I now am using a Nikon, Monarch 1.5- 4.5 turkey scope also a great scope but its a little over $200.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Paid $149 for a Burris Fullfield II 2-7 x 35 that I really like on my Ranch rifle. It has a "Ballistic Plex" reticle with BDC stickys for most popular calibers including the 55 gr. 223. I use this on my varminting gun.
Paid $289 for the Nikon M-223 Point-blank reticle on my Tactical that I use for 3 gun. It's an awesome piece of glass! (50/200 zero, 1-4 x 20)

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'd go redfield as well, great glass for the price and surprisingly light (11 or so ounces IIRC).

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
I like the Nikon prostaff, a better than average scope for the money. I have one on another rifle that groups consistantly less than 1.5 MOA with my handloads. The point though is that it is a good scope that holds its zero, and has good (but not great) glass. Definately a good fit for a mini.

·
Registered
663 Posts
As a general rule, putting a rimfire scope on a centerfire rifle is a no-no because the manufacturer does not expect such a load to be placed on that scope.

If youre looking for the shorter parallax distance that the rimfire scope will give you, then look at shotgun/turkey scopes because they generally have shorter parallax distances as well.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't know what configuration your rifle is in, but if it is 'old school', an old K4 Weaver @ 50-70 bucks on Ebay may be a choice. They're not the latest tactical-cool glass, but a simple fixed 4x scope that delivers.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well I bought the 1" Ruger rings for my rifle. Didnt know they were that expensive. Buds had them for $28 a piece. Model 4KHM in stainless steel.

Now I just need a scope. Really interested in the Burris Fullfield 2-7x35 that was mentioned above.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
It looks like you have the mounting pads for rings on your rifle. I would not use a scout mount and long eye scope unless that is the only option available.

I also agree on the rimfire scopes. They are not built hardy enough for the shock and impact these rifles have. Most all of the cheap scopes may stay on there but they will tend to loose their zero.

What I did is convert to a picatinny rail. The Ruger rings would not stay tight on my rifle. It looked like they had just been shot loose too many times. I got my rifle used. I have mid height scope rings for a standard scope and a Bushnell Trophy 3-9x40. You need mid height rings to clear the front fore cover of the barrel.

I think if you are after the little yellow dogs at 200 you would need the 9 power. I do anyway.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.