Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new scope for my 10-22. (bargain Simmons) It came with rings, but they won't fit my picatinny rail. Now I'm going to have to order new rings so I can mount the scope! So what should I look for when ordering new rings. I was under the impression Weaver would fit picatinny, but not the other way around.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I think whhat you have is Weaver style rings for the grooved .22 receivers that many .22 rifles use. When you use the Ruger rail you need to buy standard Weaver style rings like you would put on any center fire rifle.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm an hour from the nearest gun store, but guess I'll drive into town with the rail and scope and see what I can find. Ticks me off, though because now I'm going to have to pay as much for rings as I did the scope! :angry:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shows you what I know! I'm on my way to correct the problem today. Just wish it weren't going to cost me so much. That's what I get for trying to save a buck. Could have purchased a nicer scope if I'd had that knowledge. :wacko:

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I would help you out if I could but the only spare rings I have are very low mount. Not sure they would work.
I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum... The only extras I have in the safe right now are extra-high "see-thru" rings from Sun Optics. Although the package claimed they were see-thru, I couldn't utilize the factory irons on my 10/22 with 'em in place. :huh:

Those rings sit so high that I wouldn't wish them on anyone. They were a surprise gift (along with a scope and the 10/22 it's sitting on...), so I can't say much -- my fiancee and grandmother did pretty good for picking out a gun/scope combo for a man who knows exactly which he wants. :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE: (as if anyone would really be all that interested!) :lol:

Just got home from Academy Sports. I remembered, on the way to the shooting sports store an hour away, that Acadamy might have rings. I found a set of Redfield Tactical rings that fit the bill. And when the manager pulled them off the peg, she said "and while these are regularly $29.95, I've got them on sale for $6.95 because they aren't fast movers and I'm going to stop stocking them." Now let me ask you, did I complain? Nosireeeeeeeee! Headed to the shop right now to install them. God smiled on me today.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
UPDATE: (as if anyone would really be all that interested!) :lol:

Just got home from Academy Sports. I remembered, on the way to the shooting sports store an hour away, that Acadamy might have rings. I found a set of Redfield Tactical rings that fit the bill. And when the manager pulled them off the peg, she said "and while these are regularly $29.95, I've got them on sale for $6.95 because they aren't fast movers and I'm going to stop stocking them." Now let me ask you, did I complain? Nosireeeeeeeee! Headed to the shop right now to install them. God smiled on me today.
Nice! I paid $35 for my Warne rings, but I think I could have been persuaded to switch to Redfields for a 75% discount!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.