Perfect Union banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my first AR, a Bushmaster XM-e2s. :D Looking into optics. I've got a budget of $250-300 at the moment and would like to hold off on the really good stuff until I become more proficient at the range.

I want to have the best setup for working with near and far ranges with minimal adjustment. I am seeking advice on best mounting style and product selection.

So far I have used the Nikkon Prostaff 3-9x40, liked it and a guy has one on Craigslist here for $150. Also used the Bushnell 1/32 Red/Green, liked that too. I was thinking of throw mounting the two or using a combo sight like the NcStar Mark III Tactical.

Ideas? Suggestions? Preferences?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
If you want to be able to use it at close up ranges and out to 2-300 yards I would jump all over the Nikon for that price. Or look for something in the 2-7 range. I have one AR set up for combat style work with a red dot holographic sight, no magnification and another set up for hunting and longer range work with a Nikon Pro Staff 2-7x42. My .243 sports a Nikon Monarch 3-9x40 and my Ruger 10/22 has a Nikon 3-9x40 ProStaff. If you can't tell, I like my Nikons. Both my hunting binoculars are Nikon as well.

As for mounting, I would go with one of the one peice mounts like the Nikon M223 or the Burris PEPR set ups. They both give you the right height and proper eye relief for the AR.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
I put this on..

I really am impressed with the clarity of this scope.
https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_1_4X_24_Illuminated_Scope_PA14X_p/pa14x.htm

I prefer the 1-4x for the 5.56. I have a combo on my 7.62 AR, thats a 3-9x with a speed dot up top. But I gotta say I love the PA scope. I had bought a couple of their red dot clones and had good luck, so I bought the scope to check it out and it's way better optics than the cheapo's made by bushnell or simmons.
Good hunting!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts