Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now looking for a scope for my new SS 10/22 target. I asked the gun shop where I am buying the rifle from to set me up with a scope for under $150 not including base or rings. They just told me there are special scopes for 22 cal. that are made to have no parallax at short ranges. Apparently your typical 100-200 yard scope is set up to not have parallax at 100 yards but when you are shoot with that scope at 25 to 50 yards you will see the parallax. Ok so I need a little advise on what I thought would be an easy decision. I am going with Weaver base and Burris rings but what is a good scope for short yardage. Oh yeah one more thing I got SS so a silver scope would look better if that is possible. Thanks for your help!
Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
i believe most scopes are set to be parallax free from 150 to 175 yards. just get a scope with an adjustable objective that goes down to 25 to 50 yards. i know leopold has scopes that go down to 10 yards/meters for air gun use. but that is out of your price range of 150. but stick to the A.O and buy the best you can afford.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the responce Lever. Not many comments on this one it must have most of the boys stumped. It seemed strange to me also but I guess it is true.

Jim

·
Registered
139 Posts
As long as you get a scope with an "AO" this would not be a problem. Most rimfire scopes are set free @ 50 yards, thats why you see larger scopes with AO`s being used, they allow a wider range of distance and settings for this flyweight round. Regards LTS

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
djskit, That is one nice scope. I did not see a price on that site. Do you know what they go for.

Jim

·
Registered
15 Posts
tasco is also making a 22 mag scope in their world class line .i believe its a 3-12 with ao .also simmons has made a 22 mag scope for awhile now that my gun dealer swears by .these both are under your price range and are made for the 22.natchez has the tasco 1 on sale been thinking about getting one for myself .my 2 cents
keep on bangin boys,don:rapid: :rapid: :rapid:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts