Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just got 1" scope rings for his howa and is interested in an inexpensive scope to toss on his rifle. He would like to stay under 200 bucks. Any advice?

·
Registered
663 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What type of shooting does your friend intend for this? Hunting? Target shooting? Both?

And if for hunting, what type of terrain? Meadows? Mountains? Forests? Deserts?

For heavy timber, thick brush, i use a 1.75x6, or Iron sights. A 3x9x40 is a good starting point to look at. But the conditions of the terrain are important before one should make their decision. More input please :)
Target. The region is Socal so sure to all the terrains u mentioned.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not going to suggest one way or the other for this scope, so he will have to do some homework and research it, or better yet, go to a store and look through them, but Cabelas is having a good sale on Nikon Buckmaster scopes

Cabela's: NIKON BUCKMASTER SERIES RIFLESCOPES

$129 for a 3x9x40
thats funny.. thats exactly what he told me he was looking at when he talked to me today.. so. thanks

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Honest origin to my name? A few years ago I realized that they didnt screen the job title line of your name tags for a local tradeshow so I went out on a limb and put whofarted as my title. When the nametag was shipped to me sure as sh¡t it had my name on line1 and whofarted on line 2. I had a blast going booth to booth waiting for the reaction of the exhibitors when they actually read my nametag.

Now my main question is..... is it a dude or a woman in the pic.. its so small (whoa!!) i cant tell

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nevermind.. i took too long to post the previous.. i swear the enlarged pic didnt exist the first time

1 - 20 of 26 Posts