Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of one? Cheap would be good but not a top priority,,,I have a real hard time getting my scope crosshairs in line with the bore.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I bought
766064 1 $39.95 BSA Boresighter Kit
at Midway.

Can't use in on Mini with a muzle brake though.

V.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
pposey, you might do a search of midway, natchez, midsouth. Or just use your net search engine, enter scope alignment, a lot of links come up.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Originally posted by voruzon I bought 766064 1 $39.95 BSA Boresighter Kit at Midway.
Can't use in on Mini with a muzle brake though.
V.
I bought one of these, also from Midway, and it is some of the best money I have spent. It should get you on target with your first shot. If you are careful and record the crosshair position a second time after you are sighted in, you can install a new scope and be pretty near dead-on from the first shot (I was within 1/2 moa.) I did this on my 10/22T and it paid for itself fast. I now record the zero setting positions for all my scopes.

Second, If you solidly mount your rifle, you can use it to look to see if your mount has any slop or wiggle in it, and if your point of aim is the same throughout the zoom range. (I use a Lohman Sight Vice from Midway to hold stuff steady. This is quite handy for scope and cleaning use, and can even be used for bench shooting small calibers, although you need a sandbag or something to dampen the juggle for shooting use.)

As for the issue of the muzzle brake, I had this problem on an M1A/M14. You can either buy an additional extra long bore spud (I paid $10.85 at Brownells, after my discount -- this is the best solution), or you can remove the f/h or m/b and use the standard spud. (They give you a LOT of spuds, for every caliber you can imagine, even .177 and .50).

-- cw

1 - 4 of 4 Posts