Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any luck with Scherer Mags? I saw som 30 round heat treated stainless steel mags at a gun show this weekend for $60. If any one has had good luck with them are the blued ones good as well. Anywhere to purchase these mags online? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
689 Posts
thats not $60.00 ea is it. They have an add in Shotgun news for $30.00ea for 30rnd. heat treated Stainless. A couple years ago I bought some for $14.00ea. There not to bad, but P.M.I. and Masens are better. The Scherer have te double indentations in back instead of a spot welded tab. There definetly heat treated though, you can hardly bend the feed lips with pliers. The ones I have needed a little work,( opened up between the feed lips).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guy wanted $60 per, I thought it a little high ;) . Where is the best place to get pre-ban masens and PMI's?

·
Registered
689 Posts
jns4 $60.00ea. is way to much for Scherer's. Just check some of the threads here or do a search for PMI or Masen. It's been a long time since I've bought any Hi cap Mini 14 mags( I've got enough) There are a couple active threads here on PMI,s and Masen's and where the guys are buying them.

·
Registered
217 Posts
jns4psu,
Check for them on any of the gun auction sites.
www.gunbroker.com and www.auctionarms.com are a couple of good ones. Just search for mini 14 and all sorts of stuff will pop up. Gunaccessories.com claims to sell Masens for $35 each but someone said on another post he had ordered a few and they sent him some **** mags. Op-rod said he got some from a company called CIE Global for $35 each.
Good luck,

Grinch

·
Registered
757 Posts
My mini came with a scherer, and it has worked great!

Easy to load, unlike some of the masen mags, and it has not given me a single problem. I am happy with it!

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Mikr, maybe they need clips :lol: Like you, I grow tired of mags being called clips and rounds refered to as bullets :D

·
Registered
887 Posts
Sportsman's Guide is currently listing a 30rd SS mag for $30.00. Don't know the make. They also have some ProMag mags which have worked well for me. $60.00 sounds pretty darn high to me. Keep checking around.

Metaldoc :usa:

·
Independent Field Tester
967 Posts
I've never used sherer mags for a mini but I have several pre-ban hi-caps for my Glock. My Glock serves as a duty weapon so I have L.E. mags but I've never had a malfunction with the sherer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts