Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Member -- First post.

I'm having trouble finding a SCAR style / tactical style stock for my old 180xxx series Mini-14. The fine print on everything I've found so far is for 181xxx and newer.

Any tips?

Carl

·
Odd Pachyderm thingy
1,285 Posts

I'm having trouble finding a SCAR style / tactical style stock for my old 180xxx series Mini-14. The fine print on everything I've found so far is for 181xxx and newer.

Any tips?

Carl
Tip:
keep dreaming... they don't make a SCAR for the 180.

some of the really old pistol grip stocks may fit.
but if looking for a modern tacticool unit... not gonna happen.

However - If I'm not mistaken, the 180 series and the AC556 have the same receiver dimensions (some real expert may need to correct me here) but the 556 has the fire control switch on the heel.

And I have seen pics of a heavily modified Archangel sparta with an AC 556 in it... sooooooooo it may (key word is may) be possible to chop mod a modern tacticool stock to take a 180 series.

P.s. that lead slanger looks MEAN in that Sparta no?

·
Registered
298 Posts

Any tips?

Carl
I own a 180 Series Mini and I don't know of any current stocks that will fit. The dimension's of the reviver is different then the 181+ series of rifles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response.

I may have to get the sparta and a rasp and some fiberglass to make it work.

Either that, or sell the old 180 and buy something newer.

Carl

·
Odd Pachyderm thingy
1,285 Posts
Thanks for the response.

Either that, or sell the old 180 and buy something newer.

Carl
before you do that - you might want to

1. confirm the AC556 has the same dimensions as a 180 series (less the selector switch on the right side of the heel)

2. see if you can find the owner of the rifle who owns the rifle I posted above and see if he'd be willing to share further info on exactly what he did.
I found the pic here: AC556F and Archangel Sparta

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
Thanks for the response.

Either that, or sell the old 180 and buy something newer.Carl
You would probably be time and money ahead if you can do this. In the current market climate, I would recommend getting your newer mini (preferably 580+ series) first if you can find an affordable one, before you off-load the 180. Selling the 180 should be easy to do at this time. Finding the replacement will be much harder. Good luck with your project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.