Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And take my evil, scary, and menacing Mini-14 Tactical wearing its stock ATI furniture with me.

Said new state of residence bans the Mini-14 so equipped, but allows the regular Mini-14 ownership (because we know the ATI kit clearly affects the use of the rifle...) when outfitted with a conventional stock.

I have a Hogue stock available and can convert the rifle to an approved configuration, but it is registered as the tactical. Will that registration from my original state haunt me? :ph34r:

Or can I simply outfit the Mini-14 with its Hogue furniture and calmly carry on?

Never really considered it before with my older rifles and pre-9/11 freak-out/control/gov. regs, but today I certainly don't want a SWAT team destroying my house to search for a rifle that apparently confuses lawmakers that know too little about what they are trying to do...

Thoughts & experience appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
And take my evil, scary, and menacing Mini-14 Tactical wearing its stock ATI furniture with me.

Said new state of residence bans the Mini-14 so equipped, but allows the regular Mini-14 ownership (because we know the ATI kit clearly affects the use of the rifle...) when outfitted with a conventional stock.

I have a Hogue stock available and can convert the rifle to an approved configuration, but it is registered as the tactical. Will that registration from my original state haunt me? :ph34r:

Or can I simply outfit the Mini-14 with its Hogue furniture and calmly carry on?

Never really considered it before with my older rifles and pre-9/11 freak-out/control/gov. regs, but today I certainly don't want a SWAT team destroying my house to search for a rifle that apparently confuses lawmakers that know too little about what they are trying to do...

Thoughts & experience appreciated.
You have alot of variables in play here. I can only use CA as an example too.

The flashhider will still cause you a problem here. The rifle by name is not banned. Only its features are banned. Change the flash hider to a muzzle brake and you would be GTG..

Check this out
http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

if you are talking about other states u are on your own

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool - that is helpful.

CA is likely as jobs come in go, hopefully I will never set foot in NY or CT...

·
Walking Dead
550 Posts
I wouldn't step foot in CA, if you can manage not to.

Wish my dad wouldn't have ever brought us to this $hithole.

Reactions: Genral_Tojo

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Comrade don't you know those laws are for the good of you and I and our precious children? In our People's Republic of New York we were smarter than those with a black list of guns. We just banned what they look like. So if it looks evil then it is. It it looks non menacing then your good to go. Except your not since you have ATI furniture. Remember think of the children.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
DH1633: Fear of inanimate objects or weapons is the first sign of insanity.

We don't listen to the insane,, do we?

Randy

Reactions: Genral_Tojo

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
Cool - that is helpful.

CA is likely as jobs come in go, hopefully I will never set foot in NY or CT...
The problem with Ca now is that if you are here long enough to be considered a resident, you have to register all your firearms, even rifles and shotguns (as of 1/1/14).

:wacko: :wacko:

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
The problem with Ca now is that if you are here long enough to be considered a resident, you have to register all your firearms, even rifles and shotguns (as of 1/1/14).

:wacko: :wacko:
My favorites are:

1:The state gives you 10 days to obtain a new license and 20 days to register your vehicle. Your vehicle needs to meet smog check qualifications and car insurance requirements before it can be registered.

2:You may bring all of your California-legal firearms with you, but you must report them all to the California Department of Justice within 60 days as required utilizing the New Resident Report of Firearm Ownership (BOF 4542A), pdf

·
Walking Dead
550 Posts
The way things are looking, going on around the country...

I'm thinking gun registration, soon... may be the furthest thing from out minds.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
DH1633: Fear of inanimate objects or weapons is the first sign of insanity.

We don't listen to the insane,, do we?

Randy
No Sir, we don't. I did want to point out that New York unlike other communist states banned the rifles not by name but by feature. Good features mean a good gun and bad features mean a bad gun. Own an AR and don't want to register, remove the features and put it in the safe. Pistol grip got you down? Remove it for storage. I left my mini mostly stock except for I sent it to ASI. When I get it back it will remain so.

So if you have an ATI stock, just remove the rifle from the stock and your legal. You can even keep the ATI in the same rack as the rifle. The parts aren't illegal, just the installation there of.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The parts aren't illegal, just the installation there of.
Does anyone know if the same is true for Magazines?? As in owning and being in possession of "High Capacity" magazines beyond state limit and storing them for the day silly limits get lifted (or when SHTF).

·
Registered
157 Posts
My favorites are:

1:The state gives you 10 days to obtain a new license and 20 days to register your vehicle. Your vehicle needs to meet smog check qualifications and car insurance requirements before it can be registered.

2:You may bring all of your California-legal firearms with you, but you must report them all to the California Department of Justice within 60 days as required utilizing the New Resident Report of Firearm Ownership (BOF 4542A), pdf
In Texas, it's this way:

1) You have 30 days to get your vehicle inspected (safety and, depending on the county, smog). With the inspection certificate and proof of insurance, you can get your plates from your County Assessors office.

2) You have 90 days to get your drivers license. This requires proof that vehicle is already registered in TX (see 1), proof of insurance in TX, proof of US citizenship (birth certificate, passport, etc) or green card, a Social Security card, and the D/L from your previous state. Then you get fully fingerprinted (both hands), you pass an eye test, they take your picture, you tell the nice lady whether you'd like to be registered to vote (optional but something you want to do since one needs a TX issued picture ID to vote here) and you're done.

3) As for firearms, bring what you own with whatever features they have and, once you're a resident (which I now am), buy more without a waiting period or having to check if they're on an "approved" list. Why they'll even be happy to use the picture on file for your D/L on your Concealed Handgun License. :D

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
My favorites are:

Who does this?

Time to grow some cajones guys. If you're going to live here you must learn some Spanglish, and If you are going to do everything the govt tells you to do then you aren't living in a free country now are you. Only the VERY Law Abiding citizen would even try, and everyone else either doesn't know about this krap or doesn't care.

These people are trying to get as many guns out of civilian hands as possible before the population catches on and votes them out. Then it will take many years to repeal the laws they created, and we are left with less than we started with.

Time to show a little resistance! My god are you that scared?

If you affiliate with the Democratic party in any way you are patently insane, and that means you Union guys as well. Just because your leaders carve out real nice special exemptions for you doesn't mean it is right!!!,,, and if you ain't right you are by default ,,,WRONG.

Your agreement with their actions only screws the rest of us.

If you think that YOUR survival is senior to the survival of the Republic then You ARE Insane! By definition!

Without the Republic you have no rights whatsoever, so figure it out!

Sorry bout the coarse nature of the post but so many people in this country need to Wake The Hell up. If you are so blind to the truth, or uninformed to know the difference, then you can only be useful as human shields to protect the rest of us who are willing to fight.

We have a President who has absolutely no compunction about LYING to the American Public, we have a News Media who will spin anything he says to cornfuse the ignorant masses, and we have a very large population of Stupid People who will believe whatever they think they heard on late night TV shows. By definition half of them are below average intelligence!

If you side with these lying POS's in any way either by direct action or by taking advantage of the spoils the provide to bribe you to keep them in power, then I can only consider you as a lost cause!

Sorry if I hurt your feelings,,, or maybe not...

Have a nice day.:)

Randy

·
Registered
71 Posts
Who does this?

Time to grow some cajones guys. If you're going to live here you must learn some Spanglish, and If you are going to do everything the govt tells you to do then you aren't living in a free country now are you. Only the VERY Law Abiding citizen would even try, and everyone else either doesn't know about this krap or doesn't care.

These people are trying to get as many guns out of civilian hands as possible before the population catches on and votes them out. Then it will take many years to repeal the laws they created, and we are left with less than we started with.

Time to show a little resistance! My god are you that scared?

If you affiliate with the Democratic party in any way you are patently insane, and that means you Union guys as well. Just because your leaders carve out real nice special exemptions for you doesn't mean it is right!!!,,, and if you ain't right you are by default ,,,WRONG.

Your agreement with their actions only screws the rest of us.

If you think that YOUR survival is senior to the survival of the Republic then You ARE Insane! By definition!

Without the Republic you have no rights whatsoever, so figure it out!

Sorry bout the coarse nature of the post but so many people in this country need to Wake The Hell up. If you are so blind to the truth, or uninformed to know the difference, then you can only be useful as human shields to protect the rest of us who are willing to fight.

We have a President who has absolutely no compunction about LYING to the American Public, we have a News Media who will spin anything he says to cornfuse the ignorant masses, and we have a very large population of Stupid People who will believe whatever they think they heard on late night TV shows. By definition half of them are below average intelligence!

If you side with these lying POS's in any way either by direct action or by taking advantage of the spoils the provide to bribe you to keep them in power, then I can only consider you as a lost cause!

Sorry if I hurt your feelings,,, or maybe not...

Have a nice day.:)

Randy
You know what's up! Nailed it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Here's a little tidbit that came to me last night from a friend.

It tells a completely different story about the Nevada standoff than what you are being lead to believe by FOX News. It is much more nefarious than even Fox is reporting. I might add that "No one else" is even reporting the story, and you'll see why when you read this.

From Doug Hagmann:

At 1750 hours ET, I was contacted by my source within the Department of Homeland Security regarding the current situation at the Bundy Ranch. To put it bluntly, the people are being hoodwinked into believing that the situation is being resolved. It is not. It is a strategic de-escalation to fool the public. This source stated that the retreat of the BLM agents and the release of the cattle was actually crafted as a potential plan yesterday (Friday, 11 April ...2014) based on the following:
1. A military assessment of satellite and drone surveillance imagery of the "patriot resistance. Drones under the control of the U.S. military were in use, taking real-time photographic images of not just the activity at the ranch, but "identifying the protesters, any arms and any supplies they might have or be carrying. "Mission accomplished."
2. Real-time communication intercepts between patriots on-site and their off-site support;
3. Active monitoring of internet traffic regarding the coverage of events at ranch;
4. The monitoring of real-time video from the scene.
This source stated that a response by the patriot movement was anticipated, although exceeded their expectations. Although this was a real operation, they also ran this as a test case for future government operations once they saw the response. They were also actively managing the media, in some cases threatening to cut off White House access to anyone covering the event.
Despite this, the coverage by the alternative media began to create a public relations problem that was not easily managed. Note the lack of acknowledgment by the White House regarding this event. They are intentionally framing it as a state issue, despite the fact that all federal response has been and continues to be from the White House. There is a reason for this - a reason that has not been identified in any of the public reports to date. I will explain in further detail in a follow-up report on Sunday, after this source attends [redacted] to obtain more specific information about future federal operations. Regardless, according to this source, the government will take back 'their land' as they must to fulfill international obligations. It was never about grazing rights or anything other than (1) "securing clear title" to the land, and (2) further demonizing any patriotic resistance. It is my understanding, based on the information from this source, that it is a critical task to create a situation that will also advance their agenda of gun control and confiscation.
A more detailed report will follow on Sunday, 13 April 2014, with additional and much more specific information about their inside plans and future operations. PLEASE MAKE THIS VIRAL!

Harry Reid needs clear title to the land to sell it to the Chinese so they can build a huge Solar Power Plant. I guess he doesn't really care about those Tortoises after all.

Our government is actively moving towards a complete totalitarian state ruled by the dictator Obama.

Dianne Feinstein's husband just got the go ahead to sell all of the Post Offices unused building. Commissions will exceed $1 Billion He was the only bidder for the contract!

I keep telling you guys, You need to pay attention to what is going on around you. The internet is a good place to start, but why do you think Obama wants to give control of it away? Could it be to stifle free speech,,, nah,,,"he's a good man with pure intentions."

Randy

·
Banned
5,883 Posts
Obama is closing most of the mines here in the West. But I notice he is allowing his pals to mine the pockets of working Americans. Now the Leftest Environmentalist don't get up set about taking earned incomes. If you have to work for your money it is evil.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts