Perfect Union banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Um, no thank you very much! I am rather fond of my WRISTS!!

·
Registered
34,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that's quite a testament to the Polish guerrillas' dedication -- and desperation!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Wow, thats insanity! Must have been purely for hidding purposes, no way to aim it, where is the bolt? Looks like an act of desperation at a desperate time.

A guy I used to work with had a dad who was a class 3 arms collector, he specialized in WWII Russian and German weapons,....Long story short he came across an M.N. that the Swiss had somehow captured, they did a "Swiss watch" trigger job, accurized it, and actualy shortened it a bit, not down to a carbine, but just a more convienient more stable rifle length. Wow was that thing scary, the trigger was beond a "hair" trigger, it was only good for range use, he surmised since it was a scoped sniper version that they must have "improved" it for the same use.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can you imagine the amount of fire that thing must spit, right before it breaks your wrist and burns a line in your forehead.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I own several Mosin Nagant rifles, as far as shooting them, their fun to watch when someone else is taking the hit to the soulder, lol. I like the way they look after I re-do the stock and re-blue the metal. One of my friends brought me one his neighbor gave him, terrible shape. 2 Weeks later when I gave it back with new blue and 20 coats of tru oil he checked the serial number I asked him to write down just to make sure he knew it was the same gun. Makes me proud when someone is pleased with my work.

·
Registered
34,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a video of someone firing one similar:

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Imagine firing this :blink:
Yikes!!! I guess pulling the trigger on that thing would be better than being killed by the enemy.....I guess.

On the bright side, if they were close, you wouldn't have to actually hit them. You could take them out with the fireball!;)

·
Registered
34,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's another modern one, don't know the details

:lol:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wouldn't that qualify as a short-barreled rifle and require the $200 license? Or, does it qualify as a pistol? I don't know the nuances of what the distinction is between rifle and pistol. There are 223 and 7.62x39 pistols and rifles - just noting what is more commonly a rifle caliber than a pistol caliber. Whereas, a 9mm is used for both but is most commonly used as a handgun caliber. Can anyone help out here?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi:
Here is one with the bolt it looks like it's in better shape than the one on
Wikimedia.Look at the top of the barrel on the Wik one it looks like leather
for a heat shield?

That would be a handfull to shoot:).But I would try it with at least a leather glove on.It can't be any worse than a T/C 16" 45.70 pistol :):)

Thanks
Scott Hannah

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Wow a bolt action pistol with a five round capacity, sounds effective;).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts