Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading up on this rifle for the past 6 months or and I like what I have read. The trigger it comes with sounds amazing and the price is also great compared to other rifles in its class. I have plans on adding a Bushnell 4200 Elite 8x32x40 scope to it. I want a nice 600 to 800 yard target/varmit/hunting rifle. I was wondering if anyone on this site has had any experience with this rifle? I would appreciate any feedback :) I own a Remington 700 30.06 and I do not care for the trigger on it :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a Savage 10FP in 308 Win. I really love the accuracy of the weapon. One of the RSOs at the rifle range that I go to covets my rifle- based on accuracy alone.
I can't say enough good stuff about it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Savage 10FP in 308 Win. I really love the accuracy of the weapon. One of the RSOs at the rifle range that I go to covets my rifle- based on accuracy alone.
I can't say enough good stuff about it.

I really appreciate the feedback. I'm for sure going with the 10fp then. I've heard no negative comments so far about this rifle :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have 2 110 FLP's a 25/06 and 300WM,a 10 FCP in 308,and 2 Model 12's both LH in 223 and 308.
You can't go wrong getting a heavy barreled Savage.These things shoot.
All of mine will shoot sub-MOA groups without thinking about it.I have to really screw up to get a group bigger than an inch at 100 yards.

A word of advice on optics,just make sure that you choose a scope that has enough adjustment if you want to shoot long range.I'm not sure that the Bushy will make the cut.
I use Sightron SIII 6x24x50 scopes on my LR guns,they have 100moa of adjustment,and are very,very clear.They also have great tracking,and return to zero everytime.
As soon as I sell the Swarovski PH that resides on my 300WM,it will be replaced with another Sightron SIII scope.They are just that good a scope.

·
Registered
927 Posts
That rifle is a greaaaat choice for an entry level long range platform. A scope with alot of magnification is not a great idea in the real world as dealing with mirage effects render it usless. Recently took a 2 day course and the police and military instructors present stated that they never would crank a scope beyond 13-15X, and usually stayed at 10X for just that reason. Get a scope mount (base) with a 20 MOA angle so that you are using all the elevation in your scope. Get a scope with a 30mm tube for more light transmission. Look at the SuperSniper line from SWFA. Great scopes, great price, funny name.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Calibrator,Nice looking rig you have there.
I agree with a fixed magnafication scope if you are using it for strictly target shooting,but when used for hunting purposes,a variable magnafication scope suits most shooters needs better.
I rarely have any mirage effect shooting long range,but when I do,I turn down the scope.It's common sense!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I ended up purchasing the Savage 10FCP-K .308. It will be at my local gun shop tomorrow! I cant wait :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.