Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Sir, you need to get a grip....(with all due respect) that had been a great thread and was settled.....though you are unaware of it. Here is your statement, followed by Rugster`s Though you are a moderator.....you should take a step back before "thinking something will get out of hand, much like arresting someone before the crime is commited."

Satan2655
"Personally, I don't care who is right and who is wrong. Any more posts regarding this fruitless debate will be deleted. This is not Hard Core Chat, and I'm not going to let tempers escalate and fuel the fire on this site.

Let's leave it at this: There is reportedly a rumor that Ruger has modified their newly manufactured Mini-14's so that they will not accept hi-capacity magazines. It is an unconfirmed rumor, which by the nature of the beast will reveal its own truth within a month or so, as the new Mini-14's hit the market. If Ruger has in fact somehow eliminated the use of hi-cap mags in their Mini-14's we will surely have undeniable evidence as soon as a forum member purchases one or more than one member sees them in sporting goods stores in at least two seperate places in the states.

'nuff said."

In regards to "NUFF SAID" I don`t think so: Below is RUGSTER`S APOLOGY.....of which, I for one accept. You will find it in the "MAGAZINE CATCH PROBLEM THREAD" Best LTS

ps/ best buch of threads here in months, don`t cut your nose off to spite you face. I too am a moderator on another board, could not believe you locked a great thread......based on what "might" happen???? JMHO

"Not a matter of truth myself and God knows I dont lie I just now at 4:50 central time realized I did read the post wrongly."

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yes, I did notice that Rugster had read the thread incorrectly. And yes, they are good threads. However, back and forth like bickering old ladies was not getting any point across. The facts will present themselves to us once those alleged rifles come to the marketplace. If we see them, we see them -- and if we don't, then we don't. I for one hope we never see them.

But until someone has proof, you two were just walking in circles. The thread was dead-end and I could see it escalating. Calling each other liars is tantamount to being Hard Core. Go there if you want to duke it out. I have no intention of taking out the content - this is all good stuff, but let the dead horse be dead already.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just as Rugster was slow to come around, you are doing the same thing. Admitting nothing. There is no rifle and we all know that, but you are still questioning it....your statement shows that. That furthers this BS. He came around after reading again and that is what discussion is about......so it did have an end and there was no point in your locking the thread.....since you did see the apology. Though your condesending comment about "Old women bickering" is at best.....childish. You come back in the end, but never once did you try to explain it as I did, you bailed out. Then as a moderator belittle both of us. Great move. The point was made and "got across" because that is where it started from. So in reality, you locked it for nothing.....because it was over. If you want to be involved, then state your opinion.....as to mis-understanding the magazine latch thread, didn`t see you there either. Sometimes people learn from their mistakes.....sometimes not, time will tell. LTS

·
Registered
716 Posts
I am impressed by your intelligence and 'non-childishness', however, you seem to miss the fact that I am just trying to quell something that can easily get out of control. As I'm sure you have seen on other sites that you moderate, things can rapidly explode. You have been riding Rugster pretty hard - he wasn't backing down and neither were you. I watch these things very closely, although I may not have been participating in this particular thread, because I thought it was ridiculous. As for my "Old ladies bickering" comment, it was just an observation and a true one at that. What is there for me to admit?

My opinion on the matter is that Ruger would be insane to make such a modification. But it never ceases to amaze me how pathetically stupid some of the laws are in this country, and how some manufacturers make very stupid decisions. Therefore, it wouldn't surprise me if Billy-boy Ruger made such a change.

Originally posted by LIKTOSHOOT
Sometimes people learn from their mistakes.....sometimes not, time will tell. LTS
Tell me what I need to learn, O great one. I did not make a mistake.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Intelligence and O Great one.......are unfitting for this Northeast Texas Hillbilly. Thank`s just the same...though. I believe it was Rugster who made the mistake, no guilt from you is needed. Now, why won`t my "Orlite" magazines fit in my New Bushmaster??? Could it be they tell you they won`t fit or did Bushmaster change their design????? I will research this, I bet they changed the rifle design......................................

LTS

·
Registered
716 Posts
LOL. Like how come my Mini-30 Mags won't fit in my Mini-14? :confused:

You know, the mini-14 mags fit in the -30 just fine. Don't try this at home.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have had a cheap mini 30 hi cap (don't remember the brand; threw away), and thermolds. Neither fit in the original Ruger mini-30 stock (bought it late last year). Both fit when I use my aftermarket stocks though. I don't know if this was always the case or if it's a newer issue.

You can read my descriptions in my post "magazine not fitting".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts