Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Satan I'll supply some hi cap magazines for someone with a computer camera and the knowledge to post detailed pictures of for the magazine forum if you guys can keep the pictures on file so new Mini 14 owners know what the different brand magazines look like up close like the backs where the locking tabs are. If you can do this I'll supply 1-Masen, 1-P.M.I., 1- Scherer stainless, 1- USA stainless, 1 -USA, nickle, 1- USA blued, 1- Ramline, 1- No name. I'll supply the mags and shipping and whoever does the work can keep these mags FREE of charge for doing the work. The person must live in a state where it's legal to ship Hi Caps. Sorry I don't have any Eagle brand or Thermolds and everyone should know factory mags are marked as such. Let me know if ya want to do this.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dang! That sounds like a great opportunity for someone. Wish I had the camera and the expertise. Someone will jump on this in a heartbeat. Step on up guys, that is quite a catch for someone. The PMI and Masen would be well worth the effort to do this.

op-rod

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We'll wait for Bill or Satan to see if they can set something up under the Magazine Forum. I think photos would help alot of people that are unfamiliar with the Mini 14 mags out there. I've got the mags sitting here in a box and can ship UPS. Lets see what the mod's say.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'm your man!
I live in Wisconsin and we encourage importation of high capacity magazines.
email me at xxxxxxxxxx
I'll send you my address.

(Just curious why you would do this though?)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think it's a great idea... Flak 2 is very generous to share his knowledge, experience, and hardware with us so that we all can benefit!

He has stated that he just wanted something people can check so they'll know whats what with magazines. He suggests something on the order of the STICKY POLLS that always stay at the top of the forum. I'm willing to provide the digital photography and effects if we can get this done.

Best regards.
ML Fox

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Satan 2655 you have mail. As ml stated just trying to make it easier for people not familar with the mini's magazines. There seems to be a little confusion with people new to mini's as to whats what in the way of mags. A pictures worth a thousand words!;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
A big THANK YOU to Flak 2 for allowing this to come together. We will all benefit from this... can't wait to see the postings!

Moderators... if you need any help with the pics, let me know...

Originally posted by Flak 2
Satan 2655 you have mail. As ml stated just trying to make it easier for people not familar with the mini's magazines. There seems to be a little confusion with people new to mini's as to whats what in the way of mags. A pictures worth a thousand words!;)
THANK YOU

·
Registered
23 Posts
Maybe we can get a couple other brands up there.

I see some obscure company names listed for sale from time to time and would like to see them listed in this visual mag FAQ. Also, I just learned that PMI and Federal Ordnance is the same product. Info like this would be helpful.

I'd offer my own, but I own the same ones previously named.

A truly COMPREHENSIVE mag FAQ would be great...

OH, and by the way, FLAK - anything else you want to 'donate'?:D

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't have any other neat stuff. The only accessories are on my rifles. I wish I would have bought a Falcon Folding stock or two years ago. I also wish someone would make those extended mag catches again. As far as magazines go I'll be shipping the mags this week to Satan and a few to mlfox. They should be able to post so people will know some of the mags that are available to Mini owners. These are the only type I have. Though I might have some old Ramline straight 25 round steel mags(1985) in some boxes in the attic I forgot about when I moved in here. The wife has twisted my arm into buying another house so when I move in a few weeks I'll look for them. I found some old Ramline 10-22 mags up there awhile back. There are a few other mags out there like Eagle brand and Thermold, also some other brands from the 1980's I'm not familar with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts