Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys,they have all these ak's on the auction,some with 6 -30 rd mags ,some with 1-10 rd mags,some with 5-40rd mags,are these guns safe to buy,they seem like they can't give them away,do they work good?should I jump on one?as you can see I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT AK'S,thanks:usa: :ar15:

·
Registered
689 Posts
rugg the SAR1's are a good deal for the money. I seen 2 at a local shop last week for $319.00ea. You can find all the AK 47 mags you want cheap starting around $6.00ea. and up for used the new plastic waffles are a little more. You can also buy scopes and mounts at resonable prices to fit the siderail on the SAR1. Spare parts (not that you'll need any) are easy to locate. About the worst thing on the SAR1's is the factory varnish job on the stocks. You can get some paint stripper and fix that in a few hours time or replace it with another stock. The finish on the metal is'nt top notch, but it'll do. The pistol grip, hammer,trigger,sear and gas piston are the only U.S made parts on the SAR1 rifle. So you have to make sure you keep the correct numer of U.S. made parts on the rifle to stay legal. K VAR and Global Trades has a good selection of AK parts and accessories. If you can pick one up for aroung $320.00 or a few bucks more I'd do it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks flak,I just saw one at a gun show this weekend for 309.00 with 3 -30 rd.mags,I should have bought it,they look crude but I guess they shoot.:rapid: :2guns:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts