Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never been a fan of revolvers, but they do have their place in personal protection. I picked up the Governor a couple months ago with the need of a small gun that can pack a punch. I have several weapons, all autos or bolt (.45acp, .357sig, 9mm, ect) but I wanted a nice trail gun since I now ride a ATV a lot since I moved back to VA and its easier for me to carry a box of ammo then a couple mags while bouncing around. The Governor is pretty amazing, best trigger I have ever had in a weapon, and the lines are da&$ near invisible. Very accurate for its barrel length, and carries well for in a shoulder holster. I got to put it in action yesterday, came across two foaming rabid dogs (in winter?) using 2 pdx .410 rounds at I would say 15 yards they were no match. Very effective, and well rounded since I can use .45acp and LC in it also. It also serves as my shoulder gun now when I'm doing bodyguard work, looks like a cannon so not many get close.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
S & W clearly decided to capitalize on Taurus's success with the Judge, and they really one-upped Taurus by producing a higher quality revolver with the Governor (adding an extra round also). Neither revolver is easily concealed, but I can see how it would make a good trail gun (as described above), or a good home defense weapon as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The judge isn't bad, just isn't as good, I held several before I bought the Gov and wow is there a difference. I'm not into their crimson trace version but the standard grips are amazing. I put dial liquid soap on my hands to make target practice a little harder and it is still glued to my hand. I would use my .45acp if I wanted to fire those in defense, but it makes practice a lot cheaper, and 2 1/2 OOO Buck is no joke in the Gov, I found out that today. Also I don't know why people are knocking the scandium design, that stuff is like $125000 a pound and is insanely strong, it's also used in the US fighters planes so I'm sure it's pretty good stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.