Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am purchasing a used S&W, 357Mag, with blued finish, 6" barrel and two sets of grips, wood and finger grooved rubber. The gun has the box, papers, and is in mint condition. I have shot the gun before and love the trigger. I am getting it from a co-worker who is needing money to pursue other interests. He is only asking $300. He told me it was a model 586. I couldn't find that model in any of my books. I am buying the gun anyway but I would like to know if anyone has heard of a S&W "586" and if so am I getting a deal?

Thanks
Brent

·
Registered
291 Posts
The SW 586 is a rugged medium frame revolver, they are excellent guns. They started making them in the early 80s until the 90s when they were discontinued. $300 seems about average, I have seen some for less around here.

·
Registered
102 Posts
This is the L frame .357 magnum in carbon steel. The same gun is stainless is the 686 which was more popular with law enforcement officers because of its durable finish but there's nothing wrong with the 586.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I finally got to shoot the new pistol yesterday! Just like I remembered! Man I love that trigger! Clean break with zero creep or take-up (single action). I came out better in the deal than I thought. I also got a soft leather case, an Uncle Mike's shoulder rig (still in the box with the $29 price tag still on it), couple boxes of shells, and two sets of grips (wood & rubber w finger grooves). The gun looks like new, not a single scratch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts