Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this model on GunsAmerica- Its basically a Dirty Harry 6 1/2' barrel, uncatalogged & S&W supposedly is only making 1000! But it said that this revolver has a security device in the gun????? Anyone know what that means or know of this gun?

·
Registered
291 Posts
It is a internal lock on the left sideplate that when activated will block the hammer so it cannot be fired. It uses a key to lock and unlock. This is something gunmakers are putting on their guns lately to avoid lawsuits.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never seen one, I'm thinking it would take away from the looks of the firearm, as well as something to go wrong later.
Its funny when you think about how many people ,on this board alone, grew up with guns & in houses with guns & we never would touch a gun unless our father or mother were there. Now we need safety devices, what a joke.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I will not buy any new S&W because of this and the fact that they have so many manufacturing shortcuts compared to the old guns. You might find an old model 29 with a 6 1/2 barrel for a reasonable price on one of the auction sites.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts