Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one seen the Revolvers that when you pull the trigger the cylinder goes forward and fits flush with the barrel. Im thinking of buying one its nothing pretty,But fiochi makes ammo for it. Im going to see if I can find any Ballistics for it,sounds like a good idea,because all the gases are forced through the barrel,you would think that would greatly improve velocity.But there must be a reson why it never caught on with american companys. If I buy it, its because its unique. If any one knows any thing about this Revolver I would appreciate the information.

·
Registered
102 Posts
They seem to work OK, but I think they have a lot of moving parts. Ammo cost seems to be the biggest drawback.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I sent in for my C&R just so I could get a Nagant Pistol. Now I have the C&R no one is selling the pistol. They were about $75 about a year ago. The last one I saw at a gunshow was $225. :(

·
Registered
102 Posts
I saw one of these years ago that had been converted to .22 rim fire. Nice job. Seemed like a lot of money to spend on a gun like this.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm still waiting for the 7.62x25 ammo for it, but I like it. To convert it in any way, I'll have to agree with you. What For.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Originally posted by O@Jun 27 2002, 05:26 PM
I'm still waiting for the 7.62x25 ammo for it, but I like it. To convert it in any way, I'll have to agree with you. What For.
Maybe I'm missing something. Do you intend to use 7.62x25 Tokarev ammo in a 7.62 Nagant "gas seal" revolver? The revolver round has a case that completely covers the bullet. On firing, the revolver's cylinder moves forward and the case actually enters the rear of the barrel, sealing the barrel-cylinder gap.
If you want to fire the Nagant, you can go to the Old Western Scrounger, who, I believe has 7.62 Russian Nagant Revolver ammunition. Sit down before you check the price! FAC (Federal Arms Corp.) has had a replacement cylinder chambered in .32 S&W.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The M-1895 Nagant revolver is an interesting design, but whatever power the gas-seal attribute might contribute doesn't make the caliber much more powerful than the 32 S&W Long.......maybe the 32-20 WCF soft loads at best.

Fiocchi ammunition is good stuff, but as noted above the maker is proud of it and prices it accordingly. 32-20 WCF brass can be re-worked for this application, meaning that the brass needs to be trimmed back a bit and often the rim area thinned slightly.

The Russian and Soviet sidearms are fun to play with, rugged as tanks, just not real highly refined. The Nagant revolver is one of the few Russian service handguns I haven't tried yet. Anyone who saw the film "Enemy At The Gates" may have seen the Nagant "in action"--during the first part of the film when the rifle line started to break during the withering Nazi assault, Soviet NCO's used Nagant revolvers to shoot Soviet soldiers who broke and ran. Otherwise a pretty good film about Vasily Zaitsev, the Soviet sniper who engaged in a sustained and protracted sniper/counter-sniper engagement during the Battle of Stalingrad.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Been thinking about the 1895 as a possible purchase. I understand that 32 S&W longs and 32 mags work well in the original cylinder, though they may bulge a bit depending on the individual gun.

Is this true

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I know that you USED to be able to find 32mag cylinders for these pretty cheap through placed like CDNN and AIM. Numrich and the like might still have them. I'd check a copy of Shotgun News. You'll probably find both the cylinder and the handgun for cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts