Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
A little known fact !

Look it up on the internet , as they are not closing , just moved to a different factory and state ! Stil making most modelas of firearms .;)

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
I caught wind that Marlin may be shutting its doors, anyone know anything about this, also I have a Marlin 22mag bolt action will I be able to get parts for this if they do close?
Marlin production was moved to a Remington facility in NY state a year or two ago. If you have REP on your Marlin, it is what they're now calling "Remlins".

Not sure what will happen if Remington has to relocate outside NY though.

Best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
Thanks gental men, I can breath again!
I went to thier site and searched all over it and didn't see any notice about a closeing but thought maybe it wasn't public knowledge yet!
Which Marlin are you looking for? Not all of them are in production since the move, and there have been some startup issues. I got one of the post move .357 carbines and it had to head back for repairs (double fed right out of the box and locked that lever up tight).

Seems okay now, but I only got 100 ctgs through it after it came back and before "ammo-geddon" hit so I don't want to burn through enough to really test it hard. Did get one FTE, but I may not have cycled the lever with enough authority that time.

Don't think the .22 lever gun is back in production yet. Not that I can get .22's to fire in the thing but I always wanted one and never got around to it.

All the best,
Grumpy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts