Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought one for 320 bucks, and this thing is about the most fun i have ever had. i have about 300 rounds threw it the first day i got it, and only had 3 jams and that was with a mixed bag of crap 22 ammo, there were a few low power ones and it failed to cycle completely, may have been sub sonics mixed in. but hey i got rid of my crap ammo. now it does not jam at all.

a few things you might want to know about the gun

-yes, you can dry fire it, the manual says so.

- i saw one at a gun show that was an old model that did not have a pin in the slide stop cut out in the slide, make sure yours has it, there was a recall or something like that because the slide wore out there.

- the slide is alum. but it rides on steel guides in the frame, i was worried when i was looking to buy one it would that the frame guides be plastic because i knew the gun would see a high round count, but it is metal

-it comes with two pinkie extensions (thank you ruger)

- it is fun to shot, and very accurate, i managed to hit 6 by 6 plate at 50 yard 70 present of the time

this was a early xmas present from my wife:biggrin:
and one of my buddies saw it the day i got it and now is saving his pennies.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Want to get one for my wife. She wants to learn to shoot and get her carry permit. The only .22 handguns I have are a pair of Single Six revolvers. I'd like for her to learn to shoot a semi and then move her up to something bigger. I figure the amount of money we would save on ammo alone would justify the cost of the SR22.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Everybody loves the Ruger SR22! Fun! Fun! Fun! The perfect trainer for the new shooter!

My gripe is the difficulty getting additional new magazines. Like a lot of shooters, I like to go to the firing line with several mags. My suppliers seem to get in thousands at a time then are out the next day.

I hope Ruger makes this a manufacturing priority.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've had mine about 2 months and its a keeper! Took my son to the range over thanksgiving and this hand gun was his first intro to handguns. One guess as to what he wants for X-mas?? I had to pick one up for the wife, she can't stop shooting it. Ruger got this gun right and they got it done on the first try, if you never tried one, the fun factor is out of this world!

You wont be disappointed, a fine 22 handgun for the beginner or the guy who's sent a few rounds down range!:D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Bought one for my girlfriend so I could teach her how to shoot and handle firearms. It is perfect for that purpose, plus soo much fun to shoot! Like YankeeTactical, I wish magazines were more readily available.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
give it time the mags will be available, just real high demand right now, i think it would be cool if they made a 15 rounder, there is plenty of room in the mag for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.