Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question y'all. I have a set of ruger runs which came with my mini. They have the number 5 stamped on em. They're a bit too high. I don't like the chin weld and need em to come down about 1/4-1/2 inch.

Does the stamped #5 have any signicance? I need to know if these are the high or med rings so ican order the next size down

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
SCOPE RINGS
Here is Ruger chart. 5 is high

Use the search below to find the right scope rings or scope base adapter for your firearm.

Genuine Ruger Scope Rings
Step 1: Select your search options.

Submit
Ruger Scope Rings are packaged and sold individually. All available scope ring sizes for this firearm are shown in the table below, all shown in a finish designed to match this firearm. Once you select a ring size, you will have the opportunity to choose another finish if you desire. Please review the table carefully to ensure you are ordering the correct size ring.
Step 2: Select the Scope Ring Size.
Scope Tube Diameter Scope Objective Diameter Scope Height Front Scope Ring Rear Scope Ring
1 inch 42MM Medium 4B 4B
1 inch 52MM High 5B 5B
1 inch 62MM X-High 6B 6B
30MM 42MM 30MM Medium 4B30 4B30
30MM 52MM 30MM High 5B30 5B30
30MM 62MM 30MM X-High 6B30 6B30
Key: 3-Low Ring, 4-Medium Ring, 5-High Ring, 6-Extra High Ring View Engineering Drawing
Bold Type: Indicates Rings shipped with firearm at original purchase.
* Indicates Offset Rings which feature one or two rings (single, double) that are offset to the rear by 1/2" to allow rearward positioning of the scope.

If you have questions about scope rings for your rifle or revolver, contact the New Hampshire Customer Service Department at 603-865-2442. For questions about pistol or PC carbine rifle scope rings, contact the Arizona Customer Service Department at 928-778-6555. You can also click here to download the Ruger Scope Ring Charts which may help answer your questions as well.

Alternative Scope Ring Options

Leupold Rifleman
Detachable Medium Rings

Reactions: Buckshot556

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
If your gonna buy new rings outright, maybe get the Warne quick release rings that fit the Ruger bases. These are the low rings made for a Picatinny rail.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Well I mailed my tall rings to ruger. We'll see how they handle me
I'm interested too. Before I settled on irons only, I talked to them and they said they would swap a set for higher or lower rings, silver vs blued, and/or 30mm vs the 1" they ship with the rifles. I'll be interested in seeing if they live up to their promise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts