Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Tough question.
First, I can't find the 4B30 on Ruger's site, but it is listed on all the retailers (Brownells, Midway, etc.)...

To err on the safe side, I would order a 30mm high ring, unless you can find someone with experience with this. Since a red-dot doesn't require a low cheek weld like a scope, a lower ring would be unnecessary I would think...and being lower have a better chance of getting in the way of the brass. Just a guess, really...If you already have the Vortex, place the scope at the same height as it would be mounted in a high ring (just jury rig a blcok or something to get it to that height), and see if it works.

Let us know how you like the Vortex. I just bought a Vortex Viper for another rifle, and I'm very, very pleased with the quality.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'd recommend the Warne Quick Detach Medium Rings. On and off without tools in a few seconds and no loss of zero. I paid $63 from some place named TGSCOM 800-518-3808
They have my 30mm scope's tube clear of the back sight on my 580 series Mini by 1/8". In my mind the small savings using the Ruger rings aren't worth giving up the feature of the Warne QD rings.
Photo of rifle attached

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts