Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to build a Ruger 10/22 rifle, so I'm collecting parts. The first part that I bought was a Hogue stock that has a barrel channel that will accept a "bull barrel". The next part that I'm looking for is an after market receiver, and I've kind of narrowed it down to three, so I'd like to hear any comments, favorable or unfavorable, on my choices. The three are -
Brownell's BRN-22
Volquartsen VCFT-SS
Tactical Solutions XRA-MB

Thanks for any replies, Gary

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks for the post. I'm taking a really strong look at the KIDD receivers and barrels.
As long as you're building, I recommend looking at this compensator (muzzle break), which in my opinion, tuned the rifle, and immediately delivered results with more accuracy. With the right ammo, I can group on a half-dollar at 100 yards. My factory barrel wasn't threaded, so I had to knock off the front sight, and put on an adaptor that functions as threading, but you're installing a bull barrel so maybe that isn't necessary.

“Game Changer PRO” Compensator for .22LR | TANDEMKROSS

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went ahead and ordered a KIDD 18" Stainless fluted barrel without a threaded end. Now I'm back to deciding which receiver to go with, and I'm having a devil of a time making up my mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts