Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yes, that's pretty much it. HOWEVER! If you have a Ruger Ranch model, there is another couple of steps. You may be able to get the bolt out with some effort, but to get it back in is almost impossible unless you do this:

You must remove the bolt retaining lever. Do this by taking a small bladed screwdriver, and remove the side plate (put the screwdriver on the little divot and with some downward pressure, it will slide off). Push the plunger down a little bit, and the bolt retaining lever will fall out. Once this has been removed, the bolt is simple to remove and replace.

When re-assembling, drop the bolt in first, and then replace the plunger/spring, and pop the bolt retaining lever back in, slide the little slide plate back into place.

If you need a couple photos illustrating, let me know.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Satan---This site is good enough. There's nothing there you can't get with alittle searching. Anyway back to disassembly. Does anybody have pictures of proper bolt disassembly for a ranch rifle? Not because I can't do it. I just don't want to loose any little parts!

Thanks
Bushwack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.