Perfect Union banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was reading on the new bill to probably be introduced on Jan 22

Expands the definition of "assault weapon" by including:

--Three very popular rifles: The M1 Carbine (introduced in 1941 and for many years sold by the federal government to individuals involved in marksmanship competition), a model of the Ruger Mini-14, and most or all models of the SKS.

It says " a model of the mini-14". Which model do you think it is?

·
Registered
650 Posts
tactical version with factory folding ATI stock is my guess. Fits all the descriptives that make any good rifle an "assault weapon"..you know, ergonomic features that let you fit your gun to you....stuff like that. I suppose everybody with ANY model mini 14 falls in there because a model has been built for LE usage. They will srpead the descriptors around like butter to get them all. If your's has a pistol grip or collabsible or folding stock, like so many of us add later...guess what?

God Bless!

Ron

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
tactical version with factory folding ATI stock is my guess. Fits all the descriptives that make any good rifle an "assault weapon"..you know, ergonomic features that let you fit your gun to you....stuff like that. I suppose everybody with ANY model mini 14 falls in there because a model has been built for LE usage. They will srpead the descriptors around like butter to get them all. If your's has a pistol grip or collabsible or folding stock, like so many of us add later...guess what?

God Bless!

Ron
if she expands it to a single evil feature the flash hider would villianize it

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am a 74 yr old great grandfather(of several) and I own a Mini 14 GB w/ factory installed flash hider and bayonet lug. Installed in 1978! Does that make me a maniac killer of little children?? don't think so. These people are the crazy ones!! Oh yes, I own a 20 rd clip.

·
Registered
15 Posts
tmar they probably would have let you slide by cutting off the bayo lug, BUT A 20 ROUND MAG--------HOW DARE YOU------.Cuz every one knows guns don't kill people BAYONET LUGS DO

Mike

·
Registered
77 Posts
Lets see , now. where did I lay that bayonet?? Got to go to walmart tp pick up my meds and just might need bayonet. Really, I never go anywhere without it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
So...if you have a mini 14 factory tactical version with factory folding ATI stock and muzzle brake and this gun gets put on the ban list.

Couldn't you just remove the ATI stock, put a hogue stock on it and remove the muzzle brake and instal a muzzle protection nut in its place, put a 10 round or what ever size mag in it that is required by the bill.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Don't worry fellas I just mailed a letter to the ACLU. Evidently nobody alerted them to this direct attempt to infringe upon one of the enumerated civil rights. You know, one of those self evident unalienable rights. I didn't mention the endowed by our creator bit, I know that stuff makes them squeamish. No worries I've seen these guys work they will tie it up in the courts and really go to bat for those who face governmental oppression. All will be well soon enough.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Don't worry fellas I just mailed a letter to the ACLU. Evidently nobody alerted them to this direct attempt to infringe upon one of the enumerated civil rights. You know, one of those self evident unalienable rights. I didn't mention the endowed by our creator bit, I know that stuff makes them squeamish. No worries I've seen these guys work they will tie it up in the courts and really go to bat for those who face governmental oppression. All will be well soon enough.
That's funny. But it's not. ;)

·
Registered
620 Posts
"Couldn't you just remove the ATI stock, put a hogue stock on it and remove the muzzle brake and instal a muzzle protection nut in its place, put a 10 round or what ever size mag in it that is required by the bill."

Couldn't you just cave and do whatever it is you're told to do?

i.e. "grab your ankles"

I don't know how to post it, but someone should post a questionnaire re: "Who was over 18 years old in 1994?" Just sayin'.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
"Couldn't you just remove the ATI stock, put a hogue stock on it and remove the muzzle brake and instal a muzzle protection nut in its place, put a 10 round or what ever size mag in it that is required by the bill."

Couldn't you just cave and do whatever it is you're told to do?

i.e. "grab your ankles"

I don't know how to post it, but someone should post a questionnaire re: "Who was over 18 years old in 1994?" Just sayin'.
Bolero. Do you know what the quote button is for under each post? Ive been confused by a few of your post not realizing you were quoting a previous poster

1 - 13 of 13 Posts