Perfect Union banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Just new to this forum and the mini rifles. I have always liked the mini and I have just about enough $ to get one.Either .223 or a 7.62x39. Most likely i will get a mini 30.I plan to deer hunt, target and just plain have fun with it. My question is, Would a savage barrel or other rifle be able to work as an replacement barrel on the mini rifles? I know there are barrel makers out there. I am some what concerned about accuracy problems. I have read some of the tips on making it shoot better and they are all good ideas. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I agree with CQB. The limited range of the 7.62x39 as a deer round would be served fine by a lightly modded M-30. I know many hunt with the .223 but I wouldn't use it on our larger Mich. deer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'd buy a mini, especially the new tactical mini thirty; I believe that its heavier short profile barrel will lend some extra accuracy. I might hunt deer with a mini-14 in .223, but only if I was certain that a neck shot under 100 yards was available, or premium barnes tsx or nosler ammo was in the rifle.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Karl, firstly welcome to the PU! You'll find lots of good folks here. Enjoy your stay.

BTW, if you're looking for a VERY nice, "like new" stainless-steel Mini-30, with A LOT of modifications and extras already included, I just put one up for sale in the PU Marketplace.

Just click the link in my signature. And, let me know if you're interested.

Again, welcome! ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts