Perfect Union banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one new member here. Just made my first Mini 14 purchase previously owned composite stock stainless steel. It initally came with a 5 round magazine, and I purchased a
Ruger 20 round magazine, it was new in package and when I opened it it was clearly makred for law enforcement use only? I think it is a curent production and does not appear to be old in any way. Is there a reason it is marked in this manner?

Thank you

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think that Ruger used to mark there higher cap. mags this way during the gun ban. It is just old stock. Someone will be along to clarify. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
8,367 Posts
LE marked mags make nice collectible IMHO, now that the ban is over.

Hopefully it is something that future generations of shooters will have to explain to their kids ('once upon a time the government wrote a stupid law...no, not Prohibition, another stupid law, this one about guns...').

All the best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hello every one new member here. Just made my first Mini 14 purchase previously owned composite stock stainless steel. It initally came with a 5 round magazine, and I purchased a
Ruger 20 round magazine, it was new in package and when I opened it it was clearly makred for law enforcement use only? I think it is a curent production and does not appear to be old in any way. Is there a reason it is marked in this manner?

Thank you
In order to be compliant I believe you'll need to be deputized. Its been many, many years since I was married but I recall the wife being the highest law enforcement authority in the kingdom thus she is empowered to perform the ceremony :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts